Push button flush cups

Hi folks.

I have flush cups fitted to the sides of a few of my stocks to fit biathlon type slings using the push button inserts that click into place.

Thing is, I have just bought a new biathlon TAB sling and it has the attachments to fit onto harris type bipod studs.

Does anyone know where I can get these push bottun inserts for a 1 1/2 inch sling?

Or does anyone happen to have any lying around?

Also I just sold my AI stock an I have a TAB sling with the hook type attachments and I want to convert it to harris type stud fitments. Does anyone have a conversion kit to conversion kit to change it over or know where I can get one?

Tried sporting services but they haven got any in stock.

Thanks

Garry

Hi Garry,

Brownell's have ush cups with 1 1/4" swivels. Is that the size or is it indeed 1 1/2" you are after?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=40170/psize=24/Product/HEAVY-DUTY-PUSH-BUTTON-SWIVELS-W-SS-BASES

Not sure if you can find any in the UK, but I've normally not had any issues when ordering bits from Brownell's.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Regards,,

Christian

Hi Garry,

Brownell's have ush cups with 1 1/4" swivels. Is that the size or is it indeed 1 1/2" you are after?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=40170/psize=24/Product/HEAVY-DUTY-PUSH-BUTTON-SWIVELS-W-SS-BASES

Not sure if you can find any in the UK, but I've normally not had any issues when ordering bits from Brownell's.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Regards,,

Christian

Thanks fellas,

The 1 1/4 ones will probably work ok as the strap will give a little.

Does anyone know if I will have any tax to pay or have any difficulties in ordering bits from Brownells?

Hi Garry,

Last time I ordered QD sling swivels from Brownell's I didn't pay any tax. Not sure if I just got lucky or if it was because the value was so low.

Generally speaking, it was fairly straightforward to order, but it obviously took a little longer to get delivered.

Regards,

Christian

Hi Garry,

We only use 1 1/4" swivels in all of the slings we make. I would recommend you also try to find a set of the 1 1/4" push buttons for your new sling as they're much more compact than the 1 1/2" size swivels and will work just fine in your sling.

Concerning your other sling, you can purchase a conversion kit to enable you to convert your HK Hook sling over to a stud type sling. The conversion kit consists of a "tail" section that buckles into the back of the sling. It has the swivel sewn into the webbing like your HK Hook has now. It will also include a loose swivel that you would insert into the front of the sling.

Have a good weekend,

Tony

TAB GEAR LLC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Garry,

We only use 1 1/4" swivels in all of the slings we make. I would recommend you also try to find a set of the 1 1/4" push buttons for your new sling as they're much more compact than the 1 1/2" size swivels and will work just fine in your sling.

Concerning your other sling, you can purchase a conversion kit to enable you to convert your HK Hook sling over to a stud type sling. The conversion kit consists of a "tail" section that buckles into the back of the sling. It has the swivel sewn into the webbing like your HK Hook has now. It will also include a loose swivel that you would insert into the front of the sling.

Have a good weekend,

Tony

TAB GEAR LLC.

Tony,

Looking back over this post I have only realised now that you had replied, sorry for the last response.

Thanks for getting in touch, I an goin to order a conversion kit for one sling and try and get some flush cups for the other locally but if not then I will have to order some from america.

Thanks again

Garry

Garry if you are stuck I'd have a pair of flush cup swivels 1 1/4" (Grovtec)

Cups also if needed.

edi

Edi,

Thanks for that! Although I have just ordered a set from brownells literally 15 minuites ago.

Thanks for the offer Edi!

Garry

No problem at all Garry. I'm happy to help out where I can.

Also, the Flush Cup swivels that Edi has are the same ones we use on our slings. I was talking to one of the main guys at Grovtec the other day and they sell thousands and thousands of these every month and pull test every single one of them before shipping out. Really good people to deal with.

As a side note, we us the Grovtec Milforce swivels on our slings that need the regular swivels for studs. We used to use Talon swivels but these are a MUCH better product.

Have a good weekend.

Archived