help and advice needed please

help me please i might be doing something stupid or expecting to much.i chronod a load and the fps was 2700 the ballistic cf was .435 weight 75 amax scope center 1.9 above bore line . i typed this into swarovski web sight ballistic program and a copy of exbal.the same info in both programs had a 1 click .38" inch at 300 yds difference =just over an inch (good enough),but when i shot at my target the bullets were easily 12"+ low.from this i can only take away i might as well scrap them and do it the old fashioned way,and how much faith can i have in windage.i'm learming so please go easy if i'm doing something stupid.

in short is it me ? can a more accurate ballistic program be purchased?

thanks in advance for any views on this.

mike

mike have you tried the berger bullets one which can be found here http://www.bergerbul...gram/index.html i use it all the time and find it close enough to give good first shot indications then its a matter of allowing for atmospheric and relevent conditions to tweak the figures

is there any cock up in using a g7 co efficent on exbal as some versions only work off a g1 figure

ignore bullet load and example thay dony make any difference to drops for this exercise

8d2c96ba.jpg

Hi I have I hope attached here the results from Cold Bore for you balistic curve.

Hope this helps you out

DTA

help me please i might be doing something stupid or expecting to much.i chronod a load and the fps was 2700 the ballistic cf was .435 weight 75 amax scope center 1.9 above bore line . i typed this into swarovski web sight ballistic program and a copy of exbal.the same info in both programs had a 1 click .38" inch at 300 yds difference =just over an inch (good enough),but when i shot at my target the bullets were easily 12"+ low.from this i can only take away i might as well scrap them and do it the old fashioned way,and how much faith can i have in windage.i'm learming so please go easy if i'm doing something stupid.

in short is it me ? can a more accurate ballistic program be purchased?

thanks in advance for any views on this.

mike

CB1_Ballistics_Results_1.pdf

no your not being stupid ! this is just the joys of ballistics, like turning your windage/elevation the wrong way or dialing 55 moa instead of 55clicks (i've done them both!)

that does seem quite a way off ? for the record it is always a good idea to validate any data you generate with actual target time for this very reason?

a couple of things

1 was the target at 300yds or metres? (military ranges are in metres)300m = roughly 330yds.

2 is your 100m zero smack on?

3 have you double checked your data input(it's very easy to get metric/imperial mixed up on one input)

4 did you get clicks/moa mixed up when you put your come ups in your scope? (did you dial the right way?!)

let us know when you sort it out?

great help there guys and thanks to all.your getting the same figures as me on exbal wich is showing a 14" drop but the reality is its dropping about 23". :wacko: its great just to be able to check i'm not missing something stupid.if i'm honest i have taken these programs as a given and have allways missed more at longer range than i would like to admit.i think i have just found out why. :huh: .off to the feilds with a stack of targets i think.i was hoping there was a magic cure .thanks again all for taking the time to run the info through your programs.a big big help.

mike

Archived