Vihtavouri factory announcement

londonhunter

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use a lot of N140, this TR 140 powder sounds interesting, not to mention more cost effective. Any reloading details and vendor contacts would be much appreciated. I know Mic at Dolphin has the Elcho 17, I've been meaning to get across and try some.

Cheers

Elcho 17 and TR140 are stocked by MikMak at Dolphin and Brian at Fox Firearms, I thought HPS held it as well but was told otherwise at the Phoenix. Also Nigel sells it direct. As far as I am aware these are the only UK sources.

I have some sample load data for .308 I can mail you if you PM me an email addy.

This goes way beyond N140 and 308 loads .....I use N140 for 308, N550 & N560 for 3 rifles in 260 Rem and 1 x 270 win plus N570 for 338 Lap mag.... what a pain to redevelop loads for all my rifles!

Dave, apparently it has now been actively denied by Lapua/VihtaVuori in the USA.

Let's hope this is closure news is not true

I use vit powder in quite a few toys so it is to my interest that there is no change

Braverman as I understand is an employee of lapua / vit USA

According to the post on Accurateshooter.com

Alan braverman is the Business & sales manager for Lapua And VihtaVuori in the USA

and he is denying the rumour. Eric

Dave, apparently it has now been actively denied by Lapua/VihtaVuori in the USA.

Here's hoping!

• 2 weeks later...

Further to my first post

The parent has confirmed tihat VW factory is for sale as of now and buyers within Finland is being sort.

I am a little disappointed that nobody on this forum believe me and have to go to the yanks who has no connections with Finland

The news is now public and is now confirmed

Google Translate isnt flawless but:

http://yle.fi/uutiset/vihtavuoren_ruutitehdas_menee_myyntiin/6185863

Future Vihtavuori powder mill has for a long time at stake, it sotilasruudin In recent years, demand has faded.

Eurenco according to the current order backlog sotilasruutien Eurenco Vihtavuori Ltd's operations are unprofitable. The company has been able to acquire new business in the civilian sector, but it is not offset by the decreased riitänyt gunpowder military orders as well as increased levels of energy and raw material prices.

Eurenco the company now is seeking a new owner, preferably in the Finnish party, which would have a better chance of developing companies especially in the civilian market. The new owner of the search is already underway, and it will probably take over the New Year.

Better than a decision to close

The factory director Ari Makkonen, workers reacted sales news calmly.

- This is the expected direction of the owner of the line drawn for some time now, and maybe this is now, however, was less severe than what the team was waiting. After all, it is always better to sulkemispäätöstä, says Makkonen.

Makkonen is the owner of the discovery of a new relationship hopeful.

- The negotiations are to be started with a domestic operator, and looks pretty good at this stage. It has been agreed that the names are not yet listed. It is too early for it. The aim is to conclude the negotiations this year to the condition that the deal could be done before the end of the year.

Laukaa gunpowder factory is a Eurenco Group, owned by the French state. Eurenco Vihtavuori Ltd's annual turnover is approximately EUR 15 million and Laukaa gunpowder factory employs about 100 people.

Further to my first post

The parent has confirmed tihat VW factory is for sale as of now and buyers within Finland is being sort.

I am a little disappointed that nobody on this forum believe me and have to go to the yanks who has no connections with Finland

The news is now public and is now confirmed

Thanks for this Londonhunter. I don't think that nobody believed you, I think it was more of a case that we didn't want to believe that such terrible news are true...Vihtavuori powders are excellent and I am sure a lot of us are dependend upon them for our favourite loads, so any glimmer of hope that the news may be not true would be welcome from all... More of a case of 'what we would like to hear' rather than 'what we hear'... do you have a link on the public announcement before we rush out and fight each other over the powders remaining on gunsmiths' shelves???

best wishes,

Finman

Hi,

I'm not suprised that London Hunter was the first with the news, I've never known anyone with such extensive contacts all over the globe and who does so much networking. Viht. are part of the Kemira group of chemical companies so that the powders may remain available to bulk loaders but not the retail market,

Alan

Hi

Just thought I'd throw this in the mix make of it what you will

"This is Adam Braverman, Business and Sales Manager for Lapua and VihtaVuori in the USA. This is not true that VV powders will be discontinued and the factory closed down. There has been a down turn in the military market in Finland for powder, but the commercial reloading powders are doing quite well and will continue.

Thanks,

Adam"

hope it helps put a few minds at rest

best regards

dully1963 :D

PS I use Reloader 15 so Not Bovvered

Hi

Just thought I'd throw this in the mix make of it what you will

"This is Adam Braverman, Business and Sales Manager for Lapua and VihtaVuori in the USA. This is not true that VV powders will be discontinued and the factory closed down. There has been a down turn in the military market in Finland for powder, but the commercial reloading powders are doing quite well and will continue.

Thanks,

Adam"

hope it helps put a few minds at rest

best regards

dully1963 :D

PS I use Reloader 15 so Not Bovvered

That was posted on 6br.com on 6/3/12 by PAUL who is the site moderator it was a response from ADAM BRAVERMAN to a lot of heresay that was floating around it seems only LONDONHUNTER knows the truth.we will watch the space !

As an observation. Most of us beyond the age of about eight yrs old with a modicum of common sense, tend to need more than just one anonymous poster saying xyz is the gospel before we accept the veracity of the post.

londonhunter posted

going to make an announcement around the end of June to close the whole Powder manufacturing operation down in December 2012

I have no idea whether this will come to pass, but being “up for sale” is not the same thing. It may come to that if a buyer cannot be found, but nothing at this time is certain.

If everybody starts switching early to a different brand, it will in all likelihood be counter productive to what Vhit users would wish.

ATB

I broached the subject in Hannams yesterday.

They were of the opinion that only the part of the factory that produced goods for the lost military contract would be closing down. The rest of the company would not.

The company is owned by Nammo which also owns Lapua etc. With the worldwide market that vhit/lapua has, i seriously doubt they will close.

I suppose we will have to wait and see.

Archived