........Not Cammo..........

baldie

Here,s my 6mm SLR i recently finished, which is showing great promise accuracy wise, having only shot it once.

Its a single shot lawton, with a border cut barrel, chambered in 6mmSLR. Jewell trigger, and fully bedded into a McMillan MBR Tooley stock.

In my younger days, i did a lot of custom paintwork for the Biker/Scooter fraternity, and loved it. I noticed it was making a bit of a comeback on some target rifles, so revisited my old paint shop haunts. Got a couple of new airbrushes, and sourced some special paints.

People think these effects are something new.... :lol: I was using this marbleiser type base coat, 25 years ago, when it had to be imported from the states.

Still good fun though.

IMG_1174.jpg

Base coat is black, with silver marbleiser over it. The skull murals were then applied, and then candy apple red on the stock bottom. The candy royal blue on the top, and over the murals. Gave a nice purple where they meet.

IMG_1192_crop.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1178_crop.jpg

Then several coats of laquer, with a wet flat inbetween. Then the flames went on at the front, and finally, 3 more coats of laquer, and a wet flat and polish this morning.

2.5 days work there.

It comes alive in bright sunlight, and the camera hasn't really picked the depth up to the paint...its almost holographic.

Looks realy nice Dave , I think you will love the SLR . I think when people get a few on the fireing lines it will be bye bye 6.5x47.

now that will get the Slr debate going :lol: , some Tactical comps have banned the SLR from the line(USA) ,or so ive read on a few forums .

Seems the the none belivers cant get near em in compations.

Dave.... I could almost CRY to think that I have asked you to paint my 6mm SLR in boring old black...... not stretching you one tiny bit!!!

I think naked ladies instead...good idea?

DaveT

There is never, ever, anything wrong with naked ladies........ :D

Ummm you sure about that Dave......did you never look at the readers wives section of fiesta? :lol:

Ummm you sure about that Dave......did you never look at the readers wives section of fiesta? :lol:

Bloody hell mate, your going back a long way :blink:

That was the best bit of the mag :wub:

Archived