F-Bench

Elwood

I like.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/

I expect to see a pile of breeze blocks and corrugated tin on Stickledown soon :lol:

And Diggle take note.

Diggle already have covered 1000 yards bench rest facilities.

Hell will freeze over before you get them on Stickledown I think.

Looks fun though.

Cheers

Dave

Genuine question: how is that different other than not being prone?

Matt I expect it will be for group size and not for score. Also shot under bench rest rules not F class.

Looks like it was done to allow f class shooter to compete at bench rest as our rifles would be to heavy to conform with there existing class.

Cheers

Dave

Now I'm thinking of having an adjustable chair with joystick made :lol:

Just stick a pintle mount on your sunroof and back the car up.

Matt I expect it will be for group size and not for score.

Alles klar!

Here is my new pintle mount. Will it be legal at Diggle or Bisley?

Should keep me dry and comfy on the firing point and a bit of one upmanship over the Rangerovers that are present at most F class comps nowadays.

Les, looks good in principal, but bling it up a bit.

Hell will freeze over before you get them on Stickledown I think.

Looks fun though.

Cheers

Dave

There is already a Bench at the 1000 yard point on Stickledown on the extreme right of the range.

There is already a Bench at the 1000 yard point on Stickledown on the extreme right of the range.

012.jpg

Not the best!

If you put a tin roof on that it would be more of a sh!t house!

Cheers

Dave

Hmm... must admit I have never paid any real attention to it. I thought it was made out of concrete but it looks a lot more basic in your picture. Time to lobby the NRA types ;)

As I read it, the main changes from Bench Rest are:

(1) shoot for score with each shot marked, so slower and the need for zero / wind allowances to try to stay on the target centre and not just the paper as in BR type group shooting. In US practice, they no doubt string shoot, but we would presumably have two competitors per target taking alternate shots.

(2) the main rule change as it affects equipment - the application of F Class rules not IBS or whatever Bench Rest. This allows 10kg / 22lb rifles compared to the BR 'Light Gun' 17lbs maximum. I don't know where muzzle brakes fit in - allowed in BR but not F Class, so presumably the latter. Some F and F/TR shooters currently use their rifles in 600/1,000 BR matches at Diggle by adopting weight saving measures to achieve 17lbs, a scope change to a 1" tube T36 or Sightron 36X42 BRD or similar saving more than a pound over a Nightforce.

Archived