Show your varmint/target rifle

here my other two varmint setups

cz 527 in 22 hornet,18" barrel dm80 mod bedded by myself into a boyds stock

DSC00329_zpsf42fb03b.jpg

next is my 204 rem action 26" walther barrel bedded by baldie into a grs stock,love this rifle as it's very accurate and easy to shoot

DSC00255_zps8ed5b902.jpg

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I'm verry happy with the Sauer :)

It gave me first place in National Championship UNL 500 meter prone class this year

and the smallest group no matter class.

10 shot at 75 mm

14313265378_9edb4fa572_z.jpg

John

Does the Sauer 200 STR have the same barrel-change system as the hunting version of the Sauer 200? The reason I ask is that you mentioned it had a Schulz & Larsen barrel which takes my fancy as a way of getting a non-standard calibre barrel for my Sauer 200. My .308 Sauer is stupidly accurate for a hunting rifle, but I'd like a heavier barrel for it.

Thanks.

Come on Steve-you can shoot your own groups like that,no need to buy pre perforated targets!

Lol, I bet I can lol

Here's my new tool. Dta srs covert, 3-20 pm2, 16" 1in8" twist 308 barrel now running the rigby bipod and sound mod is TET. ;) still developing a load as only been able to shoot twice since I bought her thanks to shoulder reconstruction :(

6267C395-0932-475C-8621-5ED894B99135_zps

Thanks for the offer - it's a long way (600 miles) from me, but who knows? Last time I shot at Bisley was in 1980.

A few pics of my toy.

Tikka T3 varmint stainless 6.5 x 55 swede

Robertson tactical stock

Atlasworxs t3 long action bottom metal

AI .300WM 5rnd mag

recknagel 20 moa base

third eye tactical long saddle unimount

Vortex Viper PST 6 - 24 x 50

Harris clone bipod

072_zps5ae25ba8.jpg

073_zps31e6280f.jpg

070_zpsbca15ad9.jpg

071_zps6a76a04a.jpg

Here my Tikka T3 .204 Stainless Varmint 20", PES Mod, Drone Pro 10x, GRS SV Woodland Camo Stock with Z Aim Sling, Tactical Bolt & alloy shroud from Oz, Match trigger spring, Reknagel Rail & illumination via an NM800IR + it's for sale - I'm going to run the Ad' on Sat when I'm home off Holiday !!!

imagejpg1_zpsddbb71b9.jpg

cheers fella. bolt handle and shroud off ebay, a guy in australia.

Thank you Sir

(Sir used intentionally, not inserted by word censor)

Here my 6ppc USA after its face lift, Mcmilliam duracoated ,shortened to 20 inches ( sorry 17rem and Finman not the classic and a bit tactical ? ) but its a dream with the lighter moderator and the weight difference minus 4 inches made. Thankfully it still seems to perform. :):):)

002.jpghttp://s232.photobucket.com/user/huntsman_2007/media/002.jpg.html

To be fair, huntsman, that really does look o.k.

I don't quite get painting a stainless rifle to look like a stainless rifle, but it's the ones painted to look like something Action Man would get excited about which make me laugh.

• 2 weeks later...

My new AI AE MK3 in .308

finished load development and ballistics now just to get out and use her, hoping for some long range fun with this beauty with good results.

null_zps60b5eae9.jpg

Picked up this rifle from Pete Walker last week. 284 Win with a Tooley MBR stock, sleeved Remington action and fitted with a Benchmark barrel.

The stock is a few years old now but had the hydrographic treatment and is very nice. Will try it out at the Flyshoot at Diggle this coming weekend with a few different loads to see how it does.

I've not heard of sleeving a Remington action before, what does this involve, what advantage does it offer?

I think that it was an attempt to strengthen factory actions to give more rigidity. By todays top rate actions (BAT, Nesika etc etc) it would be considered as maybe old fashioned and is not seen very much.