Designing an F-TR Riflestock

dorg

• 1 month later...

Having seen and handled one of Simon's stocks last weekend at Diggle all I can say is what awesome value for money they are.

Come the winter at least one of my F class rifles will be in one of his stocks.

Simon I look forward to seeing the finished coloured blanks at Blair.

Having seen and handled one of Simon's stocks last weekend at Diggle all I can say is what awesome value for money they are.

Come the winter at least one of my F class rifles will be in one of his stocks.

Simon I look forward to seeing the finished coloured blanks at Blair.

where they the stocks on the table in the range house?

where they the stocks on the table in the range house?

Yes Garry they are the first one Simon and Joe have Done they have just done a stock for the fella who writes in the Target shooter online mag so have a look at his stock .

Simon has a pallet of Laminate being shipped next week from the U.S so there will be stocks used by the mid summer .

Ill be ordering one for sure - have a couple of 700 actions I want to use one on ...

How you getting on with butt metalwork and cheek ajusters Danny?

Ill be ordering one for sure - have a couple of 700 actions I want to use one on ...

How you getting on with butt metalwork and cheek ajusters Danny?

nearly there on the three way rear metal , i think they will come out about £90.00 with out a but pad ive based it on the warner rear metal the same as supplied to Robertsons before they whent pop.

Joe has promised my stock for the targetshooter test will arrive next week. I went down to see the workshops and simin and joe in norfolk last month and saw a lot of stocks for all sorts of actions and build styles. The one coming up for test in a macmilla a5 style for a plain jane 700 bdl.

It is to be finished with a supplied kit and i will initially run it unbedded to see how they work out for average buyers and then i will be inletting in some AI bottom metal and pillar bedding it to finalise the project.

I suspect vince will also run one of the f-class models on one of his builds but im not sure when yet.

Hatzi

Your stock left last Thursday on next day delivery, should be with you on Monday. Would you do me a favour and post a picture of it on here when it arrives please.Thanks for the comments chaps.

• 1 month later...

Latest from Joe West Stocks showing colour laminates available. Please speak to Dorg on here for more info.

dffb9343.jpg

22acbc65.jpg

Please note you don't have to have all the colours in your stock and we can do them in any order.By the way thanks for putting the pictures up Spud.

• 3 weeks later...

I got one off Simon's and joe's stocks to have a look at this week. I have to say they look fantastic stocks. Everybody who looked at it couldn't believe the cost of them. I am going to order at least one for my new build and may treat the old RPA to a make over. To top of Simon seems a nice bloke to deal with which always helps.

ATB SEAN

• 3 weeks later...

Got my stock from Dorg today. It is a copy of robertson GB F class. I have to say i was chuffed to bits with it so was the several people i showed to. The quality of the stock is fantastic. I just hope i can do it justice when i finish it. I would strongly recommend any body looking for a new stock to give Simon or Joe a ring. Thanks guys for a great stock. I feeling at least two of the boys who looked at at stock will be ordering one soon. It is off to to Neil Mckilop tomorrow to be fitted to my 6.5x47 can't wait for the finished rifle to come back. Thanks again.

ATB SEAN

• 5 months later...

I think although a parallel but stock is good on an F-Open rig, from what I have observed, most FTR bipods are not easily (shot to shot) height adjustable. That being said, adjusting for elevation would be assisted by having a sloped butt stock to allow for elevation adjustment through movement of the bag or rifle fore-or-back. My 2 cents (or 1.26p at today's rate of exchange) :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
I think although a parallel but stock is good on an F-Open rig, from what I have observed, most FTR bipods are not easily (shot to shot) height adjustable. That being said, adjusting for elevation would be assisted by having a sloped butt stock to allow for elevation adjustment through movement of the bag or rifle fore-or-back. My 2 cents (or 1.26p at today's rate of exchange) :rolleyes:

Very good point - until now - and the new SEB J-pod! You can now have a rock-solid bag-bag just like the Open guys.

Archived