NEW 6MMBR RIFLE

ANDY T

Hi

I have decided to change my FAC 308 slot for a straight .284 so my wanted advert has now changed in the wanted section so if there is a good second hand ones out there then e-mail me but i may get one custom built for me.

Andy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

That's two for 284 caliber,

What is the recoil like would it need a muzzle brake on, what would be the barrel life and what parts would you use for the build and who would you go to to build it.

Thanks

Andy

Hello Andy,

I'm new to this site but that Baldie (Dave) seems to know what he's talking about. I'm in engineering so it is so hard to find someone who i'd like

to build my rifle. And i'm going to get Baldie to build it. He answers the right questions before you even ask them. I'm getting a 6.5 x 47 but it must

do everything.

Good luck in your search Phil Winnall

Hello Andy,

I'm new to this site but that Baldie (Dave) seems to know what he's talking about. I'm in engineering so it is so hard to find someone who i'd like

to build my rifle. And i'm going to get Baldie to build it. He answers the right questions before you even ask them. I'm getting a 6.5 x 47 but it must

do everything.

Good luck in your search Phil Winnall

You have made the right choice.

Hi Les

That's what i thought the only problem with that is i have a very busy work life i just about have time to make up loads don't have the time to modify cases as well

Andy

send them to me if you want i am nnow starting to neck turn dfor customers so i might as well start doing other case preps as well

3f5c4a7b.jpg

.284 shehane

Bat MB240 action

32" Bartlein Gain Twist Barrel

22lbs weight all up

send them to me if you want i am nnow starting to neck turn dfor customers so i might as well start doing other case preps as well

Hi Mark

Thanks for the offer i will try and get may RFD to order some cases which cases should i order is it the 65x284 case.

But as of yet i don't know what the barrel neck size will be as i have not yet decided who will build it.

Who would you use for the build.???

Andy

3f5c4a7b.jpg

.284 shehane

Bat MB240 action

32" Bartlein Gain Twist Barrel

22lbs weight all up

Hi Spud,For the ignorant amongst amongst us can you tell me what is the difference between a normal barrel and one with gain twist,

Thanks

a gain twist barrel as made by bartlein has a progessivly tighteninggroove the further you move down the barrel

mine goes from 1:8.6 twist at the breech to 1:9.3 at the muzzle it is ment to help the bullet by not giving it the full beans of the twist straight away

as far as ive used it , it shoots ok but no different or better to a conventional straight twist barrel

to better explain it ive copied this from their site

"

Here at Bartlein Barrels, we have the capability to produce rifling twist rates in virtually any combination. Some will call this Gain Twist, Progressive Twist, Incremental Twist, etc....for now we will call it Transitional Rifling or T Style Rifling.

For instance, we can do a .338 barrel starting from a 1-14 twist at the breech and end up at a 1-7 twist at the muzzle, regardless of barrel length. The rifling twist can uniformly increase throughout the entire length of the barrel. This can be used for bullets with driving bands on them.

For a .22 rimfire shooter or a cast lead bullet shooter, we can increase the twist very slowly. As an example, from 1-16.25 at the breech and end with 1-16 at the muzzle, on any length of barrel being made. The rifling machine will automatically calculate out the twist rate over any given length of the barrel.

We can rifle any barrel like the above examples or we can even do it completely custom where we manually enter in what the customer wants for twist per any given dimension/length of barrel. As an example, we can start rifling a barrel and the twist only go .010 for the first 3 inches and for the next 3 inches we can have it increase by another .015 per inch.

In short, we can custom program any twist of rifling into any rifle barrel we make."

a gain twist barrel as made by bartlein has a progessivly tighteninggroove the further you move down the barrel

mine goes from 1:8.6 twist at the breech to 1:9.3 at the muzzle it is ment to help the bullet by not giving it the full beans of the twist straight away

as far as ive used it , it shoots ok but no different or better to a conventional straight twist barrel

Hi Spud, Thanks for the explanation

Hi

I have done the numbers and it looks like i will have £3000 for this build, this could in-cress if i can sell my Unique Alpine TPG 1 6mmbr barrel and second chassis with Alpine muzzle brake.

So do i go for a custom built or look for a good second hand one.?? FAC will be going to for a one for one

Andy

Hi mark

Who to re-barrel and what barrel and Barrel length with what twist rate.?

Andy

Look on Border barrels web site mate they have some brand new F Class rifles for sale at £2400.00 , Now that is Cheep .

there also on GB F Class stocks which are now extinct so to speak

now thats an exspansive question who to build it there are literaaly loads of decent builders on here

as for twist depends on bullet weight but i d have thought 1 in 8.5 would be good for the 180's

as long a brael as poss

Look on Border barrels web site mate they have some brand new F Class rifles for sale at £2400.00 , Now that is Cheep .

there also on GB F Class stocks which are now extinct so to speak

Blimey proper bargains. Andy have a look I dont think you could find anything else better

Blimey proper bargains. Andy have a look I dont think you could find anything else better

Hi

Yes i have been checking out boarder barrels out, do like the Robertson GBF stock but don't know about the RPA action.

Andy

RPA actions are very good, and not Bat prices .

When you get set up and shoot in the league you will come across a few RPA actions , some of the Border Barrel Lads shoot em and one or two of them Woop most of us most of the time .

Joking aside they are some of the hardest wearing action about and very well made. You wont go wrong with one .

Try a few actions if you can , but in the custom line there are very few bad actions .

Archived