custom sako 75

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Errr, oh dear, naming guns ;)

To me they are just a tool, intended for one job - bullet in target, whatever medium that might be ;)

No names, no favourites, they all do their job ;)

My aim is to be their master ;)

I never could resist throwing a pebble into the pond. I realise that giving guns names is a bit, well, odd maybe and might be regarded as animism but a) it's a laugh innit? and ;) my guns are not mere tools. I buy a gun only after careful thought and consideration and put all components together to make something that will combine form and function. This is as much to do with the heart as the head. I like to think that a part of me has gone into these things.

Oh, there's a third reason as well. If I get into conversation with my wife about which gun I've been shooting (she's a shooter too in a woman's sort of way) I can say "I took out Archbishop" (Archbishop Desmond = Desmond Tutu = 22. It's a sort of Cornish Cockney rhyming slang). Otherwise I'd have to say "I took out the 22BR" and she'd say "Which one's that?" and after several mniutes we'd agree that it was the black one. Once she learns all the names it will save a lot of time.

Cornishman.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, first post here. Being a poor unfortunate owner of a tikka .223 Varmint I feel like a second class citizen. The reason for this purchase was for hitting foxes and crows in my limited time that I have for such work. Being a sheep farmer the gun I needed had to be durable enough for some rough treatment but I wouldnt compromise on accuracy and I needed it to be modified. I bought new because I am not skilled enough to pick a good gun from a worn one. Result is a heavy gun that hits most things that I point it at, the most recent kill was a crow @200m. Nothing has fallen off or broken and I am quite chuffed with it even if its supposed to be one of the untouchables!

cheers

GLW.

Archived