Opinions on Sako 6mm PPC

CCH

George-was the sako brass slightly smaller -aol -than lapua?

Gary,

I had only lapua 220 Russian based brass for the Stolle,and stayed with that for the Sako 75,so I don't have any measures for the Sako 6PPCUSA brass.I think it was often just a little too tight to be used in the somewhat variously competition chambered/necked "6PPC" custom Bench Rest rifles.Norma also did some softer brass,reputedly not up to the 'stout' loadings (28g

++g) that were used in competitive 6PPC custom BR rifles.....Lapua was,so was the overwhelming choice.

There was some Sako 6PPCUSA factory ammo,(and maybe Norma?) around in the UK,and it will be fine of course in the Sako 6PPCUSA (which is the SAAMI specs),if anyone gets some with what will,alas,be a second hand Sako these days,if it has the factory barrel.

Gbal

Gbal

i use 220 Russian in my sako, and for some reason it does feel like it seems to hold a bit more,but when i use the old sako brass which i still have i can seat the the 58 grain v.max a little longer which i use for fox as the necks are slightly higher than the 220 lapua,atb simon

I used to have the Sako 75 in 6ppc and used it at Diggle for 100yd benchrest in factory sporter class many years ago. Using Sierra 70gr HPBT bullets and N133 (cannot remember the load) with neck turned Lapua cases, it was pretty accurate. The 5 shots groups were from memory on average .200 to .400 with the odd .150 every blue moon. An enjoyable rifle to shoot but sold it because I preferred long range benchrest/f class.

Archived