.17 Ackley Hornet

Ballistic Hamster

hi mate,

have a 17 fireball, rem sps rebarreled with a pac nor ss match,great on bunnies with 20gr v-max,30gr bergers on foxes, no exit hole just jelly inside,

flat shooting, no recoil, cheap to reload.

not much more to say, good fun

rgds jock

same as jock i have a 17 fireball. its on a tikka m595 action with a 1 in 10 twist shilen stainless barrel.

i only shoot the 20 vmax in mine for rabbits and foxes. had them out to 175 yards and they dropped instant. if you do alot of foxing though i would say go for a 9 twist and use the 25 vmax..

the smith that done my rifle has got some short lothar Walther stainless match barrels in stock. and has been doing some ackely hornet's and fireballs with a 18.5 inch barrel. great little truck rifles nice and compact. downside is these barrel contour only really suite sako a2, hw and annie actions.

if you can supply one of those actions he is supplying the lother barrel,fit,screwcut invisable thread cap, bead blast and proofed, for £300 + vat ! he had a bulk buy on them :D I see one he done on a sako a2 action and there superbly compact and lightweight.

Archived