Rem 700 sps stainless

adam204

Hi all.

Iv'e been looking at a new rem700 sps stainless in .243 today, however despite it being brand new ( it was still in its box) I could see a very small ring of rusty looking deposits at the junction where the barrel meets the action recoil lug.

I was wondering if anyone knows if the action is stainless or is it only the barrel?

I have looked on the net but can't seem to find the answer i want!!!

Thanks in advance,

Adam.

if its a std factory stick i doubt for the price the action will be stainless maybe not even the bbl,the more knowlegable will let us know,

on a personal note i would look for a good second hand one in a tikka-sako-cz etc.i just dont have the craving for remmys any more.

Cheers Garyw, I know this sounds a bit sad but I feel like a rem so I can say I have had one at some point in my shooting life!! lol

However I am tempted towards the Ruger hawkeye all weather, but I have to say if Steyr did their classic in a stainless action and barrel and a good looking synthetic stock I would buy one asap!

but I have to say if Steyr did their classic in a stainless action and barrel and a good looking synthetic stock I would buy one asap!

If you have a patriotic bone in your body, NEVER buy a Steyr:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1542559/Iraqi-insurgents-using-Austrian-rifles-from-Iran.html

Archived