Range Licence

ANDY T

Hi

Can anyone let me know what is meant by range licence and how do you go about finding out who awards them, would my club need to do training course.

Dose my club need a range licence in order to make bookings at MOD ranges??

Thanks

Andy

Hi

Can anyone let me know what is meant by range licence and how do you go about finding out who awards them, would my club need to do training course.

Dose my club need a range licence in order to make bookings at MOD ranges??

Thanks

Andy

You will need a shooters competancy certificate for MOD ranges.... NRA affiliated clubs should have someone who can provide these for you

The DE form 5665 is issued by the Secretary of State for Defence via Landmarc, your club will need a range licence to shoot at specific MoD ranges, some licences are for single locations only and some cover multiple locations. Cost (From memory) is around GBP100 They are usually issued via the range liaison Officer.

AndyT,

Think you're after the NRA range competancy card - issues by your NRA affiliated club, signed by the club Chairman, should not stop you from shooting on a MOD range if you are visiting or a guest of a club, will stop you shooting if you turn up at a range as a competitor. It is a business card basically with each category of firearm you've qualified with. The actual qualifying part is down to each club to sort out.

If you are a complete novice then you have to undertake the NRA prescribed and logged training course or a course developed by your club and submitted to the NRA for approval. NB the NRA one is so TR biased as to be almost usless for anything but TR, also lacking in very basic safety, only 'Bisley' safety - which IMHO is piss poor.

A range license as eluded to by Davy, is the club's yearly 'permit' if you like to book ranges actually owned by the club members (we paid for them after all :lol: ) but now needing to be booked through the ever decreasing Landmark organisation. Cost for the prevaledge is closer to £270 I think from this years club accounts.

Brgds Terry

Terry, might that GBP270 be for two licences? I do not have the accounts handy and it is a while since our last AGM however I was sure it was around or just over the 100 mark.

Archived