Οnline (reliable) ballistic calculator?

Evening fellas,

I hope I haven't missed a thread that gives the answer already, had a quick scan but did not manage to locate anything of that sort...I had to get a new computer after a catastrophic hard drive crash, so I am spending sometime getting everything reloaded (no pun intended!). I tried my version of Infinity 5.1 but, even though it loads on the computer, it does not run...DAMN! I have now some good groups for my 6.5x55 and chronographed them the other day, so I fancied running some numbers to predict trajectories.

So, here comes the question: is there an online equivalent of Infinity 5.1 that I can use? I know, I should send BD £20, but I am not at that level of marksmanship yet and I only need cards to 300yrds...

Any suggestions welcome!

best wishes,

Finman

Hi guys,

I find the one on http://www.biggameinfo.com/index.aspx?page=/balcalc.ascx very good, I have never paid for the full version but I think the free version is very good, and it seem to be accurate too!

Give it a go :)

Steve.

Cheers chaps, most helpful! Ronny, thanks for the offer! I shall try the online stuff and if it is largely deviant to the actual performance of my round, I shall bother you with all that stuff, I am sure you would rather go shooting instead :)

best wishes,

Finman

Finman, As I also have 6.5x55, I would be interested to hear how you get on.

Tony.

Hi Tony,

from some retrospective analysis of some targets that I have shot already, it seems that both programmes (JBM and the biggame one) give reliable information. Bearing in mind that I am shooting this rifle with a max of x10 magnification and a standard plex (A7 I think!) croshair, with guesstimating the elevation, this is as best as I can do. But, once I got my elevation right, I printed a sub-MOA 5 shot group at 240yrds. Also bear in mind that each hole was made from a different load to the previous one (as I was testing some ammo, so I shot 3 at 100 and one at 240yrds, just for fun and seeing the drop).

DSC00922.jpg

best wishes,

Finman

• 5 months later...

Archived