Hello all,

I would just like to use this site to say congratulations to Darrel (foxing2night) on winning the factory sporter class and the smallest group in class at the Diggle ranges today.

This is a UK Benchrest Association (www.ukbra.co.uk) run competition, any one interested in the next comp should get in touch. Would be nice to have a few more like minded competitors to shoot against.

Well done Darrel,

Jay.

Well done Darrell, you going to The Fly and Egg shoots?

Anyone else for that matter?

thanks gents,

and thank you jay for the post :lol::lol:

calibre used was 6mm ppc in a sako 75!!

load was 26.6 grains of vit 130, berger 68 mef bullet!! sadly no longer available :o

conditions were bloody windy, seems to be the norm at the diggle!!!!

the warm up target was not to bad, i started with a .475, a typical 4in one hole and one out?????

first comp card was a .601, ????? oh dear me what a mess

second comp card was a .616, ????? that which promotes growth and vigour what a cock up ???

third comp card was a .271, !!! now we are cooking

fourth comp card was a .351 !!! yes back in the game

fith comp card was a .377, not to bad at all ??????

I realy did have to sit back and think about the wind, as it killed me on the first two targets???, the wind up there is something else, it realy is!!!.

I would like to thank all the lads up there for making us wellcome!!!, and vince and his crew who put a lot of work into making the comp run smoothly :lol: ,

I did try and enroll as many wouldbe varminters as i could???, and hope fully we will see them on our site????

thanks to you all for your reply,s !!! all the best foxing2night

WELL DONE DARREL :lol:;) So pleased for you my mate!!!!!

Shall talk soon..............

RAY........................ ;) ;)

Well done F2N its hard to hold all 5 together especially on a sporter.Those 68mef,s are good,still have 2 boxes here wrapped in cotton wool!Interesting you are using the 130 for 68,s as well as the light stuff,perhaps I,ll have a go and work up a load and see what happens.Cheers onehole.

Well done F2N its hard to hold all 5 together especially on a sporter.Those 68mef,s are good,still have 2 boxes here wrapped in cotton wool!Interesting you are using the 130 for 68,s as well as the light stuff,perhaps I,ll have a go and work up a load and see what happens.Cheers onehole.

hi one hole,

I normaly use vit 133?? but by chance i loaded some fire formers with 130 and the groups were bloody fantastic, but only with the 68g mef,s??? so i looked back through my records and i noticed that all of my best groups were with vit 130 so i went back to that load???, did try some g&c bullets the other day and they were good as well??, any way i had already bought 500 barts 68 ultra,s they came last week and i loaded them the same as the mef,s, did try four on saturday??, but the point of aim droped a lot and the group was not as good as the mef,s, i think that the barts might need a higher powder charge or the o.a.l altering???? i do think that they show promise with a little bit of tweeking here and there?????? i you want to swap two boxes of mef,s for two boxes of barts ultra,s let me know?????????? all the best f2n

Sorry f2n they are tucked away and sleeping next to two boxes of 66g fowlers as well ,I just hope they make babies !!!! Cheers.Onehole.

cheers one hole,

I sent an e-mail to walt berger asking why they had stopped makeing the 68g mef bullets and they replyed that there was not much call for them????? allways the bloody same when i fined a bullet that shoots like a house on fire out of my gun??

All i can think of is that the 68g match berger bullets are there same as the mef,s????? time will tell!!!! all the best from wales f2n

Archived