UK varminting

Tikka

Can anyone explain why, for many years, I was perfectly happy just mooching around and carrying out

my vermin control tasks quite adequately with my current kit.

Then after finding this website my number of rifles has doubled, the cost of those rifles has doubled, the amount of "have to have" kit has doubled,

my quest for the 500 yard corvid has taken over my life.......

Actually, these were the questions recently posed by Mrs Tikka........

the answer to all your questions is

because you can. and the pleasure was all our es. and to Mrs tikka

it is an essential part of the service,that Mr tikka is providing to the farms he looks after,if he has not got the kit to shoot out to 500 yards and beyond,he will probably be replaced by some spotty faced kid.

all the kit that has been brought is essential,and you can not do the job without it.this all so goes for the kit that Mr tikka has still to purchase. ;):lol::lol:

ATB

Colin :lol:

Gald to have been of service Tikka ;) Just think you could have a wife that shoots like mine then it would cost you twice as much,so think yourself lucky you will get to have twice as many guns as myself without having to buy them for your other half :lol:

Wait until we get you started on custom rifles and precision reloading then you will wonder where your money went.

Can anyone explain why, for many years, I was perfectly happy just mooching around and carrying out

my vermin control tasks quite adequately with my current kit.

Then after finding this website my number of rifles has doubled, the cost of those rifles has doubled, the amount of "have to have" kit has doubled,

Actually, these were the questions recently posed by Mrs Tikka........

Well i was only thinking the same thing in work the other night :lol:;) I was the same, happy with the way i was controlling the Vermin, then i came across this site :blink: My rifle numbers has increased, my range of shots, my reloading technique, the amount of gear and the cost of equipment.(Foxpro FX3 next purchase!!! Will be in touch vey soon Gary ;);) )

But hey i don't smoke/drink/drugs and i am single so now it's my turn to enjoy doing what i love so much ;);)

Thanks to Baldie and Andy Mass, i am toying with the idea of a Custom .308 for Target shooting ;):lol::lol:

Yes welcome to the club tikka ;):lol:

You will be heard talking in your sleep about ballistics / rifle / load combinations / rangefinders windmeters ... All to connect on them varmints at range!!!

Its very addictive and i certainly cant stop the itch!!! :lol:;)

When you see that distant varmint in your sights and you have dialed in range/ drop , then windage and sqeeeze the trigger to see a long range hit you just want to do it more!!

It does not stop there either!! You start thinking about different calibers and rifle actions / barrels / load development / reloading gear............................................

All the best...................

RAY............................................ :blink::lol:

Gald to have been of service Tikka ;) Just think you could have a wife that shoots like mine then it would cost you twice as much,so think yourself lucky you will get to have twice as many guns as myself without having to buy them for your other half :lol:

Wait until we get you started on custom rifles and precision reloading then you will wonder where your money went.

Tika i was another victim of this site and well pleased i am , And once again thanx to 6ppc for sending me down the semi custom route,and all others that have helped out in one form or another,its almost like a fix now every time i log on ,couldnt get on site for a couple of days and felt bloody depressed,argued with partner ,kicked the dog,spat the dummy put ,but i am ok now

Guest Stringer

What ever this disease is that you are all saying you're suffering from. I must either have been inoculated against it at an early age or must have a natural immunity against it.

I'm more than content with my current armoury. It took me a long time to put together and each and every weapon was selected after a long and protracted selection process. I have no desire to be adding any more. As for ancillary kit. Do you use every thing you have to its fullest extent. If you don't, then you don't need any more gadgets or toys. That is my philosophy in life.

I get more enjoyment from ensuring I'm getting the maximum performance or benefit from my equipment than I do in chasing the crock of gold at the end of the rainbow, and always try to adhere to the KISS principle in all things, as best that I can.

All I need now is a first rate 35X target scope and I'm set for life. ;)

Guest 308Panther

I dont have to wonder...I know where it went.

Snap On Tools

Gander Mountain/Sportsmens Warehouse/Cabelas

Harley Davidson

But I grew up during Reagonomics so I got used not having alot of cash.

No matter how broke ya think ya are...

Nothing like a good Rifle/Bow/Shotgun to put a meal on the table.

308Panther

Guest 308Panther

Over here the fat and lazy ones have a way of

stayin in the cabin when the snow is flyin and the

wind is howlin....

The real work starts after the trigger is pulled.

Drag a 200 lb Whitetail in knee deep snow a 1/4 mile

and it sure does warm ya up and work up a good appetite.

The kind only Backstraps and a gallon of Coffee can satisfy.

We leave the 4x4 in the drive....It wont get stuck there.

308Panther

We have an agreement amongst my mates,,,

he who dies whilst out, gets his kit "liberated" and then the ambulance recieves a call ;)

Going back to the original question:

my vermin control tasks quite adequately with my current kit. Then after finding this website my number of rifles has doubled, the cost of those rifles has doubled, the amount of "have to have" kit has doubled,

I don't know I have any answers but it is something I've thought about quite a lot. And I think it's part of Man's pursuit of perfection.

This is the way I see it. If it came to pass I couldn't shoot any more then I'd want as many top-quality memories as possible. I wouldn't remember the 200-yard crow I nearly hit but I surely would remember the 500-yard one I hit. That would count as a top-memory and, when all's considered, life is maybe a few hundred fantastic memories.

Some people aren't like this of course and take a utilitarian view of shooting and if that's what makes you happy that's fine. But more restless people just have to test the boundaries all the time and see how far things can stretch. There is no choice of course, it just has to be done.

So take a camera with you and capture the moment.

Guest rogern

Yep, i take a camera with me whenever I go out now (as well as the weapon)

I just started to think about all the things I should have snapped over the lat 20 years or so, we see things that others can only get on telly.

Archived