Reloading Room Pics

ds1

I am liking the revival. I will get pics up when my reloading room is sorted.

Couple of questions though...

a) Why do folks have a co-ax and std press's?

B) is your charge master affected by the radio's? My dps2 certainly is affected by my phone. Long live harrel :wub:

c) any one use the forster primer seater?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the pics attached to a mail last week from my US mate. He's recently moved into a new house and it has a large air-conditioned out-building including two garages, a movie theatre and a two-room office, one of which he's converted into a secure gunroom and the other a loading room.

PB200004.jpg

PB200007.jpg

PB200010.jpg

PB200012.jpg

PB200015.jpg

PB200031.jpg

PB200016.jpg

PB200014.jpg

There were twelve long guns still in the house which he didn't have a cabinet for but he's fixed that as of yesterday.

Yes, it makes my 22 firearms look a pitiful collection.. :mellow:

Chris-NZ

Mike-

he has a reloading component inventory to start WWIII.

When I'm over there, I only have to say something like Have you got say 300 55gr .224 SPs I can take back? and he'll point to 3 or 4 cases of 5000 a piece and say Help yourself. Some of the best groups I've shot with my .223s have been with his bulk projs.

Those guys pay near nothing at times for "blems" from Midway, esp Hornadys. He got a heap of .308 SSTs recently at a super cheap price. Says while they can look a bit stained or whatever at times, hasn't had one yet that went wide on a target.

Chris-NZ

Scotch Egg,

In answer to your question re. the co-ax and a standard, for me the co-ax is for general purpose stuff the standard press (in this case an Rockchucker) is to take Warner sizers dies that require the 1 1/4 thread. If not for the larger dies then I'd only have the co-ax.

Terry

+1 :blink:

When I grow up I want to have a reloading room that is not in my garage where I have to spend 20 minutes making space around the bench before I am able to load a round... :blink:...and where I cannot feel my hands after 5 minutes in the winter. Let alone the carrying of all the equipment from a room in the house to the garage and back...damn lottery...

Finman

This is my entry for the wooden spoon :rolleyes::lol: .

Yesterday:

Powder handling.

P1000443.jpg

Bullet Seating.

P1000444.jpg

..actually, ever since Laurie's excellent article on powder measures, I've stopped using the lyman dps in favour of the Lee cheapy (which Laurie's testing, from memory, revealed was as accurate as a Harrel and better than all other measures (but please don't tell me if I've mis-remembered that!)), I spend the first 10 cases calibrating my lever throw and various nudges and taps, after that it stays within 1/10gr -and I only check weigh every 5th round. It's cut my reloading time in half. I've also binned use of a 'proper press' in favour of a hand press; I reckon that's knocked another 3rd off my reloading time, and I don't get 'sitting awkwardly' back ache.

Here's the pics attached to a mail last week from my US mate. He's recently moved into a new house and it has a large air-conditioned out-building including two garages, a movie theatre and a two-room office, one of which he's converted into a secure gunroom and the other a loading room.

PB200007.jpg

There were twelve long guns still in the house which he didn't have a cabinet for but he's fixed that as of yesterday.

Yes, it makes my 22 firearms look a pitiful collection.. :mellow:

Chris-NZ

WOW!!!! Now this is something...What I'd like to know is what calibre is the rifle second from the right!!

Finman

Nice high tech approach there Matt :rolleyes: I don't follow your thoughts on the hand press speeding things up but do know what you mean about back ache. And hey you can always take the handloader to the range.... :)

Nice high tech approach there Matt :rolleyes: I don't follow your thoughts on the hand press speeding things up but do know what you mean about back ache. And hey you can always take the handloader to the range.... :)

He normally does :o:D:lol:

Still it seem to work as he shot a possible in the McQueens!

Cheers

Dave

And I thought Matts powder measure was the white handled porcelaine container on the left........ :lol:

Archived