Reloading Room Pics

ds1

Thought it may be interesting to see a few pics of folks reloading rooms, with a few comments on why you have stuff setup the way it is.

Here is mine - a steel framed table in the centre of the room with: bench vice, 3 presses (Hornady 50mbg, Forster Co-Ax and RCBS Rock Chucker - which is used for de-priming) and a couple of Wilson case trimmers. The idea being to use as much as the work surface as possible whilst keeping the centre of the table clear for the reloading trays etc or to put a rifle on to clean the barrel with enough elbow room between the table and walls to easily get a cleaning rod in and out the barrel.

Powder throwing / measuring in on the B&D Workmate - I should add some concreate flags to the base of it. Powder measuring is by Prometheus with 505 RCBS scale to check or RCBS Powder Thower with green plastic tube thing (works really well) and 10-10 scale for 50bmg.

fotky458.jpg[/img]

fotky457.jpg[/img]

fotky455.jpg[/img]

So lets see some pics of your setup.....

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is mine,

Loading_bench_002.jpg

Its half of a 12ft long bench that runs down one side of my garage, the other half which is divided by a cast iron surface plate is padded with carpet and this is where i do a bit of gun tinkering and other metal and woodwork.

On the opposite side of the garage are my lathe vertical miller and grinder.

Its only a single garage so gets a bit cramped especially as its also got act as storage for my kids 4 push bikes.

Ian.

Nice space you have there David.

Allows you to load with rifle in situ and carry out cleaning, barrel change etc.

Ive always preferred loading in the house rather than garage space - less chance of condensation big temp changes. I do apreciate not everyone has the luxury of a spare room to sieze as a reloading den. I loaded on a workmate for a couple of years till I did an extension - now I have my own "space" to reload thats temp constant and draught free.

I still have to clean the rifles in the garage on the bench though....

Nice space you have there David.

Allows you to load with rifle in situ and carry out cleaning, barrel change etc.

Ive always preferred loading in the house rather than garage space - less chance of condensation big temp changes. I do apreciate not everyone has the luxury of a spare room to sieze as a reloading den. I loaded on a workmate for a couple of years till I did an extension - now I have my own "space" to reload thats temp constant and draught free.

I still have to clean the rifles in the garage on the bench though....

How about a pic Andy?

Ian.

Cold in there tho...and you cant put the heating on coz it plays havoc with his scales.........

Jon you been in there once..dodgy scales back then..you havent seen my new ones have you ?...and they work fine as long as room stays at same temp...so usually give it time to settle b4 i use them.

When I grow up I want to have a reloading room that is not in my garage where I have to spend 20 minutes making space around the bench before I am able to load a round... :blink:...and where I cannot feel my hands after 5 minutes in the winter. Let alone the carrying of all the equipment from a room in the house to the garage and back...damn lottery...

Finman

Spud,

Pic 2: Looks as though Chris Ryan and Andy McNab owe their fortunes to you alone. :lol:

yep i know mat thank god they were xmas prezzies also in stock over 2000 shooting fishing landy mags as well

good i dont smoke or drink

Here is mine,

Loading_bench_002.jpg

Its half of a 12ft long bench that runs down one side of my garage, the other half which is divided by a cast iron surface plate is padded with carpet and this is where i do a bit of gun tinkering and other metal and woodwork.

On the opposite side of the garage are my lathe vertical miller and grinder.

Its only a single garage so gets a bit cramped especially as its also got act as storage for my kids 4 push bikes.

Ian.

bloody hell ian you got more dies and powders there then my local gunshop has :lol::ph34r:

Vince,

I was trying not to sound 'clever' :blush: but I treat BPCR as a 'personal challenge', sort of relaxing shooting.

It can surprise a few folks when it goes right (ask Brown Dog :lol: ) but the additional kit on the reloading bench helps get you there (not shown is all the casting kit and other necessary dies)

Cheer Terry

• 1 year later...

Going to try and revive the thread would be interesting to have a look at your reloading setups.

This is the reloading section in my Cave!!

img0436jo.jpg

Cheers

Archived