tactical stock for sako 85.

rabbit fingers

Does anyone know where I can get a tactical stock for a sako 85 for a build I'm planning? Have contacted Mcmillan for an A5 and Manners for a T4 and neither can help. Any ideas? Thanks.

Does anyone know where I can get a tactical stock for a sako 85 for a build I'm planning? Have contacted Mcmillan for an A5 and Manners for a T4 and neither can help. Any ideas? Thanks.

Bell and Carlson tactical, just google it for images, Midway and Northwest supply them i think

hth Richard

"Not a pleasant job"

:D :D :D

Understatement of the year !!

When you have someones pride and (uninletted) joy thats just cost them nearly a grand sat on the mill and your'e about to do the inlet for an action and barrel channel............

Twitchy stuff mate...

beads of perspiration, etc etc etc.

Yeah, its "unpleasant" :lol:

The T4 is a very comfortable stock and just as rugged at an A5.

I have a T4a on a BAT in 6.5x47, stunning shooter....

Both mac and Manners do inlets for T3's - which could be an alternative to using an 85 if you do not want to use a "Rem clone" action.

It's a 6.5 x 47 I'm building. The plastic bits on the t3 bolt put me off a bit. The sako 85 is currently 308 and has been very accurate, hence wanting to reuse the action. Have you any pics of the BAT? Be very interested to have a look.

It's a 6.5 x 47 I'm building. The plastic bits on the t3 bolt put me off a bit. The sako 85 is currently 308 and has been very accurate, hence wanting to reuse the action. Have you any pics of the BAT? Be very interested to have a look.

It no longer wears the 5-25 Schmidt,

DSCN0824.jpg

This is an example of the grouping it will do;

DSCN0823.jpg

There are numerous custom actions that are auitable for a similar build, readily available in the country, including BAT, LAwton, Stiller Barnard, SYSS, GBR (the latter two are UK actions) and of course the ubiquitous (and excellent) Surgeon

A wealth of choice and variety, when you consider the cost of buying a donor rifle, having it trued and then adding the custom stock, barrel and trigger, it makes alot of sense to bite the bullet and buy a custom action from the outset.

eg;

Rem 700 / Tikka / Sako Donor, - 400+

Blueprint - 300+

Total - at least 700

Most custom actions may be found circa 1000

This Australian firm do alloy bolt shrouds for the T3, doing away with the hated "plastic bits"

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tikka-T3-595-and-695-Alloy-Bolt-shroud-/180564160662?pt=AU_Hunting&hash=item2a0a767096

Archived