Single Points

lancslad

If its a red dot you are after there is only one.....Aimpoint. Regardless of what all other manufacturers say, the aimpoint is the ONLY one with no parallax error. That is why they are so much more money. I have a micro on my shotgun, and another one due for my pistol. Absolute top drawer.

If you fancy the more traditional types such as trijicon, or eotech, these too can be had, and are excellent...but not cheap. The copies are pure junk. Several friends have bought them off e-bay, and binned them.

The bushnell and tasco tube type red dots aren,t bad if you are on a budget. Not top quality, but they do work.

LL,

Tried quite a few 'single point' sights when I shot 'non-castrated' AR's in the US. Ended up with an EOTEC. Very good, no paralax, the big ring will draw your eyes on quick shots to the target, the 1 moa dot in the middle is good enough for aimed shots out to 100 yards.

Other functions on the EOTEC make them a good unit to use. Get one on throw mounts and you can swap out for a scope should you so wish, they do make a 3x magnifier to work with it but they are $$$'s and the proper mount is also a bit steep. If you buy a used one make sure there is a small 'N' stamped on outside edge somewhere, these are the later models with better electronics = much more battery life = approx 500+ hours on AA's.

Another good thing to consider is something like a 1-4x scope or similar. Down on low power you can still use both eyes, but parallax can be a problem (and seeing your irons in the bottom of the scop's a bit distracting :huh: )

Brgds Terry

Archived