My cocker stolen at lunchtime!!

Guest northernchris

Guest northernchris

Just got in from driving around to see if i could see "Jake" my chocolate cocker.He had been in the house with me just after 13.00 today,i went in to the kitchen to make a brew and notice the back gate open,which is always locked and no dog to be found anywhere.

;)

Just got in from driving around to see if i could see "Jake" my chocolate cocker.He had been in the house with me just after 13.00 today,i went in to the kitchen to make a brew and notice the back gate open,which is always locked and no dog to be found anywhere.

;)

Chris,

I hope you find him - you must be devastated.

Is he Microchipped?

If he is you can put him on the register for lost and stolen dogs.

My mates Staffy was stolen and he got her back 7 month later through this service.

Good luck.

Could be kids, if he was friendly and cockers usually are he would go to them and follow them.

We had a Lab puppy go that way, but what made it worse when they got round the corner and went into school he was left and an interfering busybody and his wife cornered him ( he would have come home) and locked him in the garage all day then called the police who put him in private kennels 18 miles away.

They wanted £70.00 to give him back, after a certain amount of disagreement and me getting more than a little annoyed, I got him back for nothing ( he had a collar with the little tube with tel no in, but they didnt notice) Told the local police they could pay seeing as they had completely missed the owner info and I had reported the dog stolen!!!!! within 20 mins of him going.

Hope you get him back, its heartbreaking when they are showing promise too.

Redfox

I cant begin to describe how I would feel if someone stole one of my dogs, and I cant describe what I would like to do to them if I ever caught them.

Chris, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and Jake.

This has been happening for the last ten years or so, I'm so paranoid about it that I have a German Shepherd that patrols around my kennels.

Ian

Sorry to here your bad news pard, we had a spate of it in theis area a couple or years ago, CArol the head nurse in the loacal vets had her champion dog stollen but the publicety was so much the whoever stole it dumped it and it was found wondering in Yorshire I think it was, up north somewhere anyways. We have a lot of mud yuppies down here and they have had a few away as well, although they have been caught, fuggin' travlers beter fit they had there sites two fields past Landsend.

I am not a rich man but I will put £10 in a pot to start off the collection to help put up a reward or help pay for posters etc. Anyone else willing to help out???

Guest 308Panther

We went thru this over here also...

I was actively training a Rott,and belonged to

a couple Rott clubs....alot of the dogs that were

stolen were recovered after the damage had been done...

Either they were found dead,or they were so neglected

and abused from the theives using them for Dog fights

that they needed to be put down....

I hope you are able to recover your dog very soon.

Another alternative to chipping is tattooing the dog

on the inside of one of the rear legs...its relatively

painless to them...not like a tattoo would be to us.

We had our Rotts chipped and tattooed..

308Panther

Guest northernchris

Good news,he was found a few miles away from here.:):D

Looks like he had been dumped,it doesnt matter now he,s back:D

Cheers for all the support lads.

Chris

Archived