22br help

GP1

Going to get my 243 remington with an AI stock which has a 5 shot mag re barreled into a 22br, can any one help with the mag on this , is there a mod or some way of making the 22br bullet load and recycle smoothly in the 243 mag without any problem ?

All it requires is a spacer either in the front or the back of the magazine. Mine is in the back but Baldie here reckons they are better used in the front, he's your man.

Mine feeds fairly reliably but seems to struggle more to feed when it has all five rounds in the mag, so I only use three or four.

All it requires is a spacer either in the front or the back of the magazine. Mine is in the back but Baldie here reckons they are better used in the front, he's your man.

Mine feeds fairly reliably but seems to struggle more to feed when it has all five rounds in the mag, so I only use three or four.

Cheers for that Ian, do you know where i can got one of these spacers from ?

Any competent rifle builder should be able to make you one, they will need your magazine though.

It looks like a very simple operation but I think it is quite fiddly and time consuming so don't expect it to be cheap.

Would you like a photo of the finished item?

Any competent rifle builder should be able to make you one, they will need your magazine though.

It looks like a very simple operation but I think it is quite fiddly and time consuming so don't expect it to be cheap.

Would you like a photo of the finished item?

Yes please Ian B)

On the left is a Sako PPC magazine which cycles perfectly when using 6BR cases, obviously next to it is the adapted AI 5 shot magazine.

001.jpg

The two mags with a round in, the Sako mag has is the 6BR and the AI the 22BR.

002.jpg

The adapted AI mag alongside the standard AICS magazine.

AIMAG1.jpg

Archived