AI Emergency Sights

Strangely Brown

Has anybody on this forum ever used an Accuracy International with the Emergency (iron) Sights?

I was wondering from a competition veiw point what they are like in terms of:

Size of aperture? (Too large, too small etc)

Target Acquisition?

The thought is; would the AI be of any use in a service rifle competition, this area is currently dominated by AR15's and I have wondered if an AI with say a 20" barrel might be competitive.

Has anybody on this forum ever used an Accuracy International with the Emergency (iron) Sights?

I was wondering from a competition veiw point what they are like in terms of:

Size of aperture? (Too large, too small etc)

Target Acquisition?

The thought is; would the AI be of any use in a service rifle competition, this area is currently dominated by AR15's and I have wondered if an AI with say a 20" barrel might be competitive.

Not touched a set for 15 years or so but I seam to remember they had a micrometer scale so should be relatively good as far as open sights go. You can always fill with solder and drill out to get the diameter you want.

Dave

Mick,

I used them years back, I remember them as being perfectly good sights (rather than simply emergency sights) - but I'm not very target rifley.

Alternatively, I'd have thought that you could fit any brand of iron sight to it (assuming the front sight is the right height!)- the non-picatinny AI is a standard 11mm anschutz dovetail

Matt

PS

I don't know anyone sitting on boxes of L96s, but if someone did, I suspect there'd be sets of the AI iron sights sitting never used -if you catch my drift.

Archived