Atlas Bipods,

Who has one?

What do you think of it?

I want one!!!

Discuss,

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mounting via a short piece of picatinny rail to every gun you own (or want it to fit), one bipod would suit all........

Max would be 338, I have ideas for a suspended type for a "larger" calibre, which may come to fruition next year.

Was thinking of V8, I know Dave has one too, just didnt get the hance to check it when I last saw him (he was surrounded by adoring fans)

I have one and well it just feels so well engineered. Also have rear monopod, which was a bit of a fiddle to fit and in all honesty it could probably do with being a bit longer (but perhaps that is cos my shooting angle is a bit different to you guys!).

If you are looking for silent - probably not that but on the whole a different planet to Harris.

As mentioned I shot mine in the fly shoot, and was most impressed. It could have been a one off, but i doubt it. It will get a second competition testing at the nationals this weekend. I will have it on the mcqueens gun. I think it works, because it MAKES you shoot properly, by loading the bipod....instead of idly pointing the gun a la harris.

As mentioned I shot mine in the fly shoot, and was most impressed. It could have been a one off, but i doubt it. It will get a second competition testing at the nationals this weekend. I will have it on the mcqueens gun. I think it works, because it MAKES you shoot properly, by loading the bipod....instead of idly pointing the gun a la harris.

I concur the atlas allows a shooter with average experience to load and lean into the mass rather than Harris which nearly provide a stable rest

Definitely worth the money

Do you have to have a picatinny rail to fit one of these? They look like a good bit of kit, but I can see a picatinny rail being a bit of a nuisance if you're shooting off another surface without the bipod attached.

I understand that if you fit a short section of Anchutz rail - into a channel into the underside of the stock (I have a couple of rifle with full rails) - there is a fitment which allows the Atlas to be secured.

Even if the Atlas is secured with a short section of picatinny rail - this is easily revovable if the nuts are bonded into the barrel channel (stock)

All my macs have anschutz rails in them. The atlas has a little part that slides in and locks, and the picatinney is bolted to it.

I am sold on the bipod.

I won the mcqueen [subject to confirmation ] at the nationals this weekend at Bisley, with a 57 ex 60, then shot a 55 ex 60 as a tiebreak. Its upped my scores twice in two trips.

I,m now going to sell all my harris bipods.

Here,s the gang i,ve spent the funniest weekend ever with, and its gonna take a week to recover from.

bisleyboys.jpg

The hereford specs are because 2 of the guys are serving soldiers, and the third is a little more.

The 3 fat bastards speak for themselves. :)

bisleyboys.jpg

The hereford specs are because 2 of the guys are serving soldiers, and the third is a little more.

A little more what?!

or, looking at the specs on the kneeling extreme left bloke, are you actually saying he's a 'little moor' (as in berber) ? :lol:

I'm not getting out enough :)

The bipods are available from Graham Clark at sporting services. I dont think they are on his site....but he does sell them. Give him a bell.

You would need to be sitting down with a stiff one;

WHISKY THAT IS :blush:

They are on sale in the us and canada for US $ 210.00

Brought 02 over for friends last month

I think Clark is asking £180 retail plus postage and packaging

Usual mark up .............

US$210 = £136

plus duty (2% ?) = £138

plus VAT = £162

plus shipping them to UK + £X

Not sure that makes £180 worthy of a moan :blush:

Rob

is that for the AI /TRG version or the Anchutz / Picatinny version?

Archived