just got need pulsar 550

bri2506

Picked up new toy on wednesday the pulsar 550. Didnt judge it straight away as thought it needed a bit of getting used to.

On using it on .17hmr for bunnies thought it was good but struggled picking them up. so back to picking them up with lamp then shooting through rifle, which worked well considering probaly shot 50% more with the 550

Swapped on to sako .223, had a few issues with the opti locks [ which still need resolving]

and went off foxing. not come across one yet but seen a few cats through it and it seems bang on up to 120 yards.

The problem is that the illuminator ive got with it [the 940] is a pile of pants. On a fullish moon like last night it was great on its own, but can see real problems in the dead of winter.

Has any one got advice on illumintators, or if any one is the preston area that has anything i could come and try with it

i did borrow a 100mW Yukon none focus one but was even worse than the one it came with.

Was thinking a tracer max with filter on

Also just wonderin if any one else has made a doubler for one, seen the one on you tube. could maybe do with some more mag. but is useable now

Firefly from Starlight

N1000 from Clive Ward

Laserluchs from any stockist of Thomas Jacks

The first two will set you back £250-300 and the Laserluchs around £500 when you add on the adjustable mount which you do need.The Laserluchs is the only eye safe one so be careful with the others

Any of the above will transform the Pulsar into a different league from the onboard IR

I'm experimenting with a doubler as we speak and it looks promising but too early to say much more

Firefly from Starlight

N1000 from Clive Ward

Laserluchs from any stockist of Thomas Jacks

The first two will set you back £250-300 and the Laserluchs around £500 when you add on the adjustable mount which you do need.The Laserluchs is the only eye safe one so be careful with the others

Any of the above will transform the Pulsar into a different league from the onboard IR

I'm experimenting with a doubler as we speak and it looks promising but too early to say much more

Let me know how you go on wit it. got an engineer looking in to making a convertor for mine now.

what lens you using. i was thinking of using a pulsar 1.7 mag doubler off a monocular and adapting it.

im going to give the tracer max and IR filter route a bash. if it works ill make a bracket to move it on top of the 550 to help with balance

Let me know how you go on wit it. got an engineer looking in to making a convertor for mine now.

what lens you using. i was thinking of using a pulsar 1.7 mag doubler off a monocular and adapting it.

im going to give the tracer max and IR filter route a bash. if it works ill make a bracket to move it on top of the 550 to help with balance

Bri,

Our N1000AP adjustable power laser works really well with these. Price is £145 as a correction of an earlier post :)

If it will help with your gunlamp mounting we've got some plastic mount rails that you should be able to get a lamp mount adapter from Deben for.

These being plastic should be easy to epoxy to the top of the scope.

As I'm typing another option is to make an angle bracket and bolt that where the existing IR mount is bringing it up onto the top of the scope.

Cheers

Clive

Bri,

Our N1000AP adjustable power laser works really well with these. Price is £145 as a correction of an earlier post :unsure:

If it will help with your gunlamp mounting we've got some plastic mount rails that you should be able to get a lamp mount adapter from Deben for.

These being plastic should be easy to epoxy to the top of the scope.

As I'm typing another option is to make an angle bracket and bolt that where the existing IR mount is bringing it up onto the top of the scope.

Cheers

Clive

Just put a tracer max on with ir filter on the 550, it works a treat, may be a bit to bright if anything. Going to try a dimmer on it.

Also the scope mount of the tracer fits over the built in illumintor. had to put a small slit in the mount but fits on bob on. Think i might glue it on and make it a permant feature.

Might be worth trying an atom on it, bit more compact.

Got a good range of well past 600 yards, might not be able to id it at that. but you would be able to spot eyes at that.

Think im going to stop messing with it now and find something to shoot with it now.

Cleaned up on the land i have before i picked 550 up, but just got a nuscance fox to sort on some new land. So thats tonights mission.

Archived