Robert Bucknell

charly hunter

Can some one please give me the details or what the book is called and where I can get it from? It's the new book by Robbert Bucknell, I have his Foxing with Lamp and Rifle and now I would like this one, It's nealy my B'day and the kids want to get it for me. Cheers guys I know you won't let me down :blink:

Can some one please give me the details or what the book is called and where I can get it from? It's the new book by Robbert Bucknell, I have his Foxing with Lamp and Rifle and now I would like this one, It's nealy my B'day and the kids want to get it for me. Cheers guys I know you won't let me down :D

I didn`t think it was out yet :lol:

Can some one please give me the details or what the book is called and where I can get it from? It's the new book by Robbert Bucknell, I have his Foxing with Lamp and Rifle and now I would like this one, It's nealy my B'day and the kids want to get it for me. Cheers guys I know you won't let me down ;)

Hasn't been published as of yet, but i believe it is due out shortly ;)

Sorry to hijack the thread charly hunter but is the Foxing with Lamp and Rifle book any good?

Regards,Sprags

Yes Sprags it is a good book and worth having in your collection, there are some good tips even for the more experienced rifleman :D

Yes Sprags it is a good book and worth having in your collection, there are some good tips even for the more experienced rifleman ;)

But at £40+ a throw for a rather thin paper(168 pages) back its a bit on the pricey side.

If anyone is desperate for one. There is a used one on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foxing-Rifle-Rober...l/dp/095402060X

Needless to say I won't be buying it :D

But at £40+ a throw for a rather thin paper(168 pages) back its a bit on the pricey side.

If anyone is desperate for one. There is a used one on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foxing-Rifle-Rober...l/dp/095402060X

Needless to say I won't be buying it ;)

The book Foxing with lamp & Rifle is £30 is you care to shop around as this is the correct price, and not the inflated one on Amazon. The paper is no thinner than any of my more expensive Deer Stalking books.

If you cannot post a constructive post then please refrain from replying

Thankyou ;)

Chris

Even £30 for a 164 page paper book is excessive. IMO. Baring in mind that a good proportion of those pages are photographs, and not written text.

Please could you provide a link to a possible source of the book at the price you quote for those interested in obtaining a copy?

Thanx

Hoot

p.s. if you ever come across a copy of Deer of the World by G. Kenneth Whitehead for £30 or less please let me know.

Thanx

Yes Sprags it is a good book and worth having in your collection, there are some good tips even for the more experienced rifleman ;)

Thanks you Kip :D

Target Sports in Bolton is where I ordered my copy online, Foxing with Lamp and Rifle, they had it for just under £30. I won't be selling my copy.

Any item is worth what people are willing to pay for it. No more, no less.

Cheers John

"Any item is worth what people are willing to pay for it. No more, no less"

That's the way its always been ;)

Perceived value!

I understand that the author had to publish the book privately as no publisher would take it on. ;) A sign of the times perhaps.

Thanx

Hoot

Sprags, despite what some say about it being expencive, it is well worth the money, it is one of the if not the best book I have read on the subject. You will always find someone who will put it down and I have even read that someone reconds they know it all so the book is not worth the read, to these people I ask "Why do you go out and have a blank night"? if they know so much then they would have known to stay at home :lol: Weather you are an expiriane hand or a novice there is always something new to be learned. One warning if you get a copy don't lend it out or you may not see it again. :lol:

Thanks lads I wasn't sure if it was out yet or not, does anyone know the title of his new book?

I also have this book and found it a good read,another book i found intresting and very informative is a book by Robert E Rinker ,Understanding Firearms Ballistics although some of it is way above my head quite a lot is put in simple terms even for me

Archived