.17 remmington

Hi All,

Just pondering over one of these. Has anybody used them or does and what's the general

opinion of them, close range fox, and vermin control - where my 22.250 is overgun.

Many Thank's

barnacle

Dont run one myself but I know a couple that do. They like them but have to leave them at home when the wind blows.

If 22.250 is to much gun then maybe the 17 Remmy Fireball would be better as long as you are not looking to go much over 200 yards. That in a lightweight rifle would be a nice walking fox rifle IMHO.

A

Dont run one myself but I know a couple that do. They like them but have to leave them at home when the wind blows.

If 22.250 is to much gun then maybe the 17 Remmy Fireball would be better as long as you are not looking to go much over 200 yards. That in a lightweight rifle would be a nice walking fox rifle IMHO.

A

I have had a coule of 17 rem's and currently run a Tikka 595 deluxe in 17 rem.

what a fantastic little calibre - super flat trejectory - bags of energy - virtually no felt recoil - deadly accurate - and super safe.

It ticks all the right boxes for me as a point and squirt rifle.

On the downside - if your thinking of shooting factory stuff - you might want to run this past the bank manager first - a mate of mine was just quoted £38 for 20 bullets :P

Things get much better if your reloading - you will be stuck with using remington brass - which is OK to be fair.

I was out with my 17 rem yesterday evening - I had 9 shots which took out 8 bunnies all head shots - at ranges between 105 yards and 260 yards. and knocked a rather misrable looking magpie off its perch. :P

Last bit of waffle - since seeing my rifle in action - 3 of my mates are now pround 17 rem owners.

My 17 rem in action :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTs80RUPpU4...feature=related

ATB

Alan

Alan's not the only one- most 17 rem users I know develop a few friends who convert to the cartridge.

Ignore those who say they foul badly, they're wind sensitive, they've no knock down power, etc. Such people have never used one.

Many Thank's,

The replies to these little .17 rem's look interesting and as for the video's Awesome!!!.

I would be home loading, after seeing the new ammo price's it makes sense

and it's made to match to your gun.

atb

barnacle

Archived