Desert Arms Tactical “Stealth Recon Scout” (SRS) Rifles

brown dog

DTA Euroe has bugger all to do with Global Rifle.

The bloke behind DTA is a gentleman who will litteraly go the extra 1000 miles to make sure his cutomers are happy, as in delivering a new barrel to a customer who thought his barrel was not shooting right...about 1000 miles away.

Price in one cal is around the 5k mark I guess (not 10K). The only way you get to that sort of price is on a "deployment package" with 308 and 338 barrels, bolts and all the extras and a hrad case to put it in.

David.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly O/T here chaps but a conversation reported to me at the Midland and witnessed by at least two trustworthy fellows.. On the global rifle stand and looking at a .50 of some description the gentleman was assured that it was capable of man sized targets at 6.5 miles and you could fire 200 shots in a day with no problems. 'Thats funny' said the gentleman in question 'Tank turrets at 2500 yards are not that easy with a .50' Cue end of spiel :rolleyes:

Evening,

Just a short answer to set the record straight.

DTA were not on display at the Midland game fair, nor did we have representation there.

The DTA Stealth Recon Scout does not cost £10,000 with the actual cost being closer to half that.

I would like to think that this has been a simple confusion between our product and other competitors products available at this time.

Best regards

DTA Europe

Witnessed this group being fired today at 900yds with a DTA in 308.

There are 3 orange markers in the target marking the 3 shots of the group. (and one white patch marking the centre of the target).

For reference, each dot on the mil ret is 0.2mRad in diameter.

So this is about a 0.2MOA group at 900yds :)

That's the best group I've ever seen at that distance; hence the pic!

900yddtagroup.jpg

The rifle averaged 0.5MOA at 800, 900 and 1000yds.

If these short barrelled rifles will produce groups this tight at 900 yards, why are we told we need 30" barrels to ensure supersonic bullet delivery at these ranges ? my head hurts....

You miss my point guys. I knew the DSR has a 25" inch barrel but the DTA has a 22" tube.

My question was, if a 22" barrel will keep a 155grn or heavier bullet supersonic all the way out to 1000 yards, why are others saying one needs a 30" tube to achieve the same goal ?

In my 22" DTA tube I am acheiving 2850fps with a 155Scenar on top of 46gr Varget in Lapua Brass. This is about a 75 fps drop from my previous rifle with MUCH longer barrel, however it is plenty fast enought to reach out there and more than makes up for this slight drop in speed by its ease of handling. I could always go to a longer barrel and still be compact but dont think it is necessary for this load.

After saying that, I am currently getting a 1in10 30" barrel being made to shoot the 208 grain AMAX from and this will be with optical sights (hench the length for sight radius) ....for no other reason than it will be a bit of fun and I wanted to see what I could get them to.

regards

DTA

As mentioned above , I probably have got the companies confused. However I did mention desert arms tactical and was most certainly not corrected.

The short barrel data is very interesting. If you are going 1 in 10 you will also be able to stabalise the heavier bullets at sub-sonic velocities which would be rather nice out of such a short handling weapon.

Ah...I bet they are not available left hand...(and, no, I don't like a bolt to hit me in the face everytime I reload!)

best wishes,

Finman

You miss my point guys. I knew the DSR has a 25" inch barrel but the DTA has a 22" tube.

My question was, if a 22" barrel will keep a 155grn or heavier bullet supersonic all the way out to 1000 yards, why are others saying one needs a 30" tube to achieve the same goal ?

Because they have been missled....

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i saw these at newark , £5000 yes £5000 !!! you can buy a lot of custom tactical kit for that money that will be built to the exact spec you want ? another £2500 for a scope plus £500 for a moderator (you will have to have titanium at this price!) a couple of mags , sling etc and i think you could easily be knocking on the door of 10k ?????

I thought the trigger was 'ok' but thats not good enough for a 5k rifle i don't think?

it's handy and very well built but simply too expensive IMO , if they launched it at a reasonable price and people brought it and it turned out to be a real shooter 1/2" with factory match then they could start to increase the price.

just my opinion of what is a very cool piece of kit.........

I was also sceptical regarding the accuracy claims made for this rifle but at Newark, I had chance to see one stripped.

Let's just say, you won't see a better supported barrel anywhere - and this is one one the major contributing factors towards accuracy.

It's a very, very well thought out piece of kit. Price? - Go see your gunsmith and tell him you want a long-range tactical rifle GUARANTEED to shoot sub. half MOA and see how much change you get out of five grand!

The trigger? OK not maybe a Jewell or Kelbly but for a tactical rifle, I was more than happy with it.

Cheers

Vince

Hope not; that'd mean they've been XXXXXX by about 4500 blokes!

:lol:

I accept my slap on the wrist from the other post and but sorry, I can't resist. ;)

unsubstantiatable observation?

I've known about these rifles for ages and was wondering how long before they made it over here. It was one of the things I wanted to look at, at Newark but unfortunately I couldn't make it. Looks like an impressive bit of kit.

I accept my slap on the wrist from the other post and but sorry, I can't resist. ;)

unsubstantiatable observation?

Unsubstantiatable in the case of Jenna Jameson? Ummm, I think maybe you're not familiar with her 'performance art' :lol:

I have the very test rifle sat in my armoury now. It came at a good price for a test gun, and Tim, who brought it up was a really nice young fella, who will go a long way in the gun trade.

This gun is going to one of my clients who does a fair bit of stalking and who likes military rifles.

I personally think the trigger is exceptional for a bullpup. I should be testing it this week, but it has to be in London by wednesday, so no chance.

A very well built gun.

As with anything supplied to the military...overpriced.

• 1 year later...

Archived