m24

baldie

This one was finished yesterday. One of two guns for the same customer. This is a replica of the m24 sniper rifle issued to the US army and some police.

Not for civilian sale, they are a very rare bird when genuine.

Its a remington long action .308 built as such so a spare bolt could be utilised and the barrel changed to .300 win mag.

It was blueprinted and then sent for expert engraving in the correct typeface. It has the "US" mark and the "M24" the only ones missing are the armoury stamps obviously.

The barrel is the correct douglas taper in 5r rifling from Border. The barrel is exactly 24" and has the exact crown measurements for the model.

Stock is the hs precision one issued. Floorplate is the correct replacement steel one at £200 [ name escapes me ]

The sights are genuine , old, and unused. Still in their wrappers....and like rocking horse that which promotes growth and vigour.

The owner also has the correct leupold rail and rings to slip on.

The only thing missing is an external adjustment screw set into the trigger blade...which will shortly be remedied.

This was great fun to source, and to built....and a very rare thing over here.

100_0673.jpg

100_0671.jpg

100_0665.jpg

Finish is h+k satin black duracoat which looks something like the original.

Next up is an M40 copy. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dave that is deeelicious,

Elwood--you mentioned the Parker Hale M85--i was out at Diggle with mine today and it always does the business, it will be the rifle i use on my next stalking outing, have used it regularly for stalking over the years and have always had good results with it-it always puts down what it is pointed at----very pleasing.

I have owned mine since 1993-it is a keeper, no doubt

Reecy

The next one is an M40 Ian.

Steve...great to see you here mate. You will like it....plenty of tactical shooters etc. :)

Dave that is deeelicious,

Elwood--you mentioned the Parker Hale M85--i was out at Diggle with mine today and it always does the business, it will be the rifle i use on my next stalking outing, have used it regularly for stalking over the years and have always had good results with it-it always puts down what it is pointed at----very pleasing.

I have owned mine since 1993-it is a keeper, no doubt

Reecy

Welcome to the UKV.

The last M85 I saw had a price tag of £4500, a bit of a collectors item.

Quite possible Steve. I haven,t shot PR for two years competatively because i,m always at work on a saturday. Due to Rogers semi-retirement, and me going full time at the end of the year...that will change. i dont intend working saturdays anymore...so more shooting. :) I,m really looking forward to a full season, and some of the Bisley PR comps too.

Baldy: I see those Redfield Olympic #63 and #64 sets, as well as the Olympic micro sights around every so often. I think I have a set myself in my ...stuff. Do you want me to let you know if I find a set?~Andrew

Oh yes Sir. :)

I,m also looking for a Unertl for the M40...the one with the big caps ? I wouldn,t say money is no object, but there is the right amount a-waiting.

Archived