Posted on behalf of "Ratman"

Guest A-max

A friend of mine was over working up a load for his 260, he was tryig some 129gn SST's that I gave him(12 to be exact!!!) he asked me to post a pic of the best of his 4 groups. Largest group 1" smallest 10mm.All shot off a bi-pod @100yards. The group's tightend up as the charge of powder went up toward max.

DSCF1526.jpg

DSCF1524.jpg

Will post pic of rifle later, 260 remington roedale.

A friend of mine was over working up a load for his 260, he was tryig some 129gn SST's that I gave him(12 to be exact!!!) he asked me to post a pic of the best of his 4 groups. Largest group 1" smallest 10mm.All shot off a bi-pod @100yards. The group's tightend up as the charge of powder went up toward max.

DSCF1526.jpg

DSCF1524.jpg

Will post pic of rifle later, 260 remington roedale.

A-Max

I expect it would be an under statement to say that Ratman was a happy Roedale rifle owner.

It always pays to use a qualified and professional builder IMO Or if you choose not to, one that has a long and well documented history of producing a quality product.

Why choose a two stage trigger?

excellent I hope it shoots as well as your mates,

as the jungle drums say one or two that has recently been aquired have problems and have to go back,how long did you wait for your rifle then

Any problem in particular? I've the PJ trigger for one of my quadlites, just need to drop in a new sear and it's ready to rumble..

JR

A-Max

Why choose a two stage trigger?

Two stage trigger, because I realy like the feel of them!!! :D

That's the whole point in a custom rifle, to have it just the way you want it ;):DB)

Two stage trigger, because I realy like the feel of them!!! :D

That's the whole point in a custom rifle, to have it just the way you want it :DB)B)

Well in that case! You have what you please. ;)

I thought it might be due to some practical reason.

I suppose its what you are most comfortable with. I always used a 2 stage in my air rifle days but on rimmys and centerfire have only had double set and single stagers.

I used to like the 2 stage as I had it set so light that I did not feel teh second stage if I squeezed the trigger to fast. I could creep up to the 2nd stage then just tip it over. It just helped me with trigger control.

A

I've never like 2 stage triggers. Light single stage one have always been my preferred choice.

However I had a very nice, Mauser many years a go with double set triggers that served me well.

I had to sell it unfortunately. ;) Needs must as they say.

I've never like 2 stage triggers. Light single stage one have always been my preferred choice.

However I had a very nice, Mauser many years a go with double set triggers that served me well.

I had to sell it unfortunately. ;) Needs must as they say.

Hoot,

I have never liked set triggers, they have a habit of going off just before I want them to.

A-Max

In many cases I think a lot of personal choice is down to what you have been use to. (Nothing like stating the obvious eh?)

I'm not a great fan of mixing trigger types across rifles. Thats when mistakes are most likely to occur. When you have other more important things on your mind.

Archived