Night Vision

eric

Hi what level of accuracy can be achieved with a dedicated top of the range night vision ? ( ie group size ) thanks Eric.

Out to 100 yard,s half inch to one inch should be the norm, over that distance and it gets harder as you will be using 6 x magnification.

depends on what kit you have add-on or dedicated.

myself i use add-on on my .17rem with 20gn vmax does all i want it to.this is gen111-mil spec.

Like mentioned previously (for dedicated NV Scopes) it depends largely on what generation it is. I think Gen III is the most you can get outside of the states. Gen IV is strictly verboten for export due to ITAR issues, and some interesting things that have turned up over in the sand box and rock box...

JMTCW....

Hi the NV I was refering to was the model Centaur 165 6x I was just wondering how good they are

Eric

They are very good units, the cross hair is superb and can be adjusted so that's it's almost see through, as I said earlier, sub 1 inch at 100 yards should be the norm and a lot less is very possible.

I think I'm correct in saying that the 165 Centuar is pretty much the same unit as the Dedal 760/480.

Hi Eric,

On my .223 using one of our SM3S2 6x HG scopes I get exactly the same group size as I do with a day scope on it, 1/2 MOA with 36grn varmint grenades and 3/8 MOA with 40grn V Max.

Tricky bit with a night scope is getting a really fine point to aim at. I use an 8mm dia circle of self adhesive retroreflector material. With a tiny bit of IR you can place the shot very precisely.

Cheers

Clive

Hi Eric,

On my .223 using one of our SM3S2 6x HG scopes I get exactly the same group size as I do with a day scope on it, 1/2 MOA with 36grn varmint grenades and 3/8 MOA with 40grn V Max.

Tricky bit with a night scope is getting a really fine point to aim at. I use an 8mm dia circle of self adhesive retroreflector material. With a tiny bit of IR you can place the shot very precisely.

Cheers

Clive

Thanks to all for the replys Eric.

hi eric,

you can get high vis dog collars that show up in the dark prehaps we could ask the parents to make sure the cubs wear them at night :P:)

or else keep drinking the carrot juice and put your glasses on.

catch up soon mate graham.

hi eric,

you can get high vis dog collars that show up in the dark prehaps we could ask the parents to make sure the cubs wear them at night :P:)

or else keep drinking the carrot juice and put your glasses on.

catch up soon mate graham.

Graham. Your getting cheekier you young devil. Where,s your respect for your elders I shall have to have a few words with your mom ATB see you soon Eric.

I use the D-760 using 50 grn vmax in my 223 tikka and the loads im getting hole on hole grps at 100 so very impressed.and have taken a fox at 325ish yds my furthest..but usual max dist is 250..unless im absolute sure its safe to shoot...can ID fox at 600 easy

Archived