March Tactical scopes ?

ChrisF

Hi Guys ,

Just seen a couple of March Tactical scopes , they seem very nice , the model I am very interested in is the 2.5-25x42mm model .

Its available in both moa & mil knobs , and with reticles in moa or mil as well , about the only thing missing is the FFP option , if it had that it would be of a lot of interest to Tactical shooters as well as Hunters , due to the small weight & size of the scope .

This small compact scope would be ideal on either a LR hunting rig or a lite weight tac rig .

website ( www.deon.co.jp )

Both have double turn turrets , with 10.0 mils ( 0.1mil clicks ) per rev & 25 moa ( 1/4 moa clicks ) per rev .

Also in either Lit or unlit reticles .

Scope below has moa adjustments .

Pics-D25V42-UP2.jpg

Chris,

A friend uses the higher mag version for F Class, I've looked through it and it has incredibly clear optics. very well made also.

Not been able to do a side by suide with something like a S&B which would be useful.

The lack of FFP is a pain for tacticool matches.

T

I love my S&B PMIIs ( 4-16x50mm ) scopes , but I would like the option of something along the lines , size wise of a Kahles 6x42mm ZF sniper scope , for use on a lite weight tac rifle or a hunting rifle .

Seems no one offers much in this size range any more .

I would just like the option , that is all , and size wise it would look very good on any of the older type SWS , like the Steyr SSG or the Parker Hale's , I am looking forward to putting some thing like this on my M85 .

Word is look for soem new stuff from March later this year , maybe FFP .

RE : The 4-16x42 PMII , good scope , but due to the large tube size 34mm & Pitcanny rails , you realy are most the time no better off than the std 50mm , in the closeness to the bore etc .

Later Chris

Further to my thread below on the Ziess, that March MTR reticule looks pretty good and its nice and light in a 5x25x42mm at about 22ozs.

Wonder what its low light performance is like?. Maybe an alternative to Ziess?.

A

I love my S&B PMIIs ( 4-16x50mm ) scopes , but I would like the option of something along the lines , size wise of a Kahles 6x42mm ZF sniper scope , for use on a lite weight tac rifle or a hunting rifle .

I would just like the option , that is all , and size wise it would look very good on any of the older type SWS , like the Steyr SSG or the Parker Hale's , I am looking forward to putting some thing like this on my M85 .

Word is look for soem new stuff from March later this year , maybe FFP .

RE : The 4-16x42 PMII , good scope , but due to the large tube size 34mm & Pitcanny rails , you realy are most the time no better off than the std 50mm , in the closeness to the bore etc .

Later Chris

Hi Chris,

I like your style. I love the ZF 6x42 on my SSG. Perfect clarity and size for the rifle. Having said that, I think the SSG is the perfect rifle. The only problem I find is the lack of adjustment on the elevation (the optics are good enough well past the 800m range of the adjustment) and the nutty widange direction markings and limited windage adjustment.

What mag range were you looking for Chris in a compact scope?

We're in the process of manufacturing a completely british built rifle scope. We won't sell many. It will be optically and mechanically 'perfect', completely unfashionable and stupidly expensive. Built to order so ret's, adjustments, finish whatever you want.

The initial model will be fixed power, fixed parallax to see just what level of optical excellence we can achieve. Variable mag, gigantic objectives, side wheel focus, illuminated rets, etc. are all nice features but ultimately detract from the optical performance.

I'd be very interested in your thoughts.

Cheers

Clive

Chris have you thought about the 'standard' S&B 3-12x42 on a 30mm tube?

Available with what I call PM1 turrets; the coin slot old-style S&B BDCs.

Nice little scope; only -ve is the lack of side parallax.

Moving up a notch, the 4-16 hensoldt is a much smaller scope than the 4-16 PM2; shown here against a 3-12 PM2:

P1010017scopezoom.jpg

I went for the S&B 12-50x56 in the second focal plane with 1/8 elevation and 1/4 windage,,,

Not a light scope, but then i only use my Ai for long range varminting and benchrest comps

gunpics222.jpg

To be honest there is not a lot you can say about the pm2,s,,, they are awsome,,,,

The clarity is fantastic,,,,,

Scopes are a very personel choice at the end of the day???

Darrel :D

Now that would be an idea....

A 5-25x42 PM11.........

Nah stick with the 4-16's I have, perfect for my purposes.

See the PGW Timberwolf is back to taunt me.. :D

See the PGW Timberwolf is back to taunt me.. :wub:

I weep tears of frustration at your PGW fascination :D ; the one in the pic has the build quality of an early soviet tractor, they have no pedigree (the opposite infact; never forget the Canadian Forces D-Notice equivalent on discussing their rifles! "lined up, they look like a crooked fence" etc ) and are only cool because they're hard to get. "a couple of guys in Winnipeg who bought a lathe" :lol:

I need to get out :D:)

We're in the process of manufacturing a completely british built rifle scope. We won't sell many. It will be optically and mechanically 'perfect', completely unfashionable and stupidly expensive. Built to order so ret's, adjustments, finish whatever you want.

The initial model will be fixed power, fixed parallax to see just what level of optical excellence we can achieve.

Clive.....more info please! Who? What? When? etc :D

In terms of feedback; what's your target market?

Fixed power & no parallax makes it an old-school stalkers scope to my mind; and old school stalkers won't spend hods of cash on scopes that duplicate what a 6x42 schmidt will do :D

I'd like to see an 8-24x42 scope FFP with side parallax NO BIGGER or LONGER than a conventional S&B 3-12x50

....and with a simple metric horus-type ret.

Personally for "Varminting" I reckon a fixed 15 mag would be just about right.Must have S/F Parallax ,1/8th or 1/4 ups and 1/4 windage knobs but huge objective not really necessary?.Most of all the guys I shoot Varmints with like to let go on around 12 to 15 mag most of the time and for me it represents the spot where clarity and field of view is just about right.Any chance of that one being made by someone please.

Archived