CZ452 Bolt Knob Conversion

Blimey, I must be missing a trick

I use my own, had a couple of hundred made a few years ago. Very nice too.

That said, if there's something unusual about these bolts then I'm in the dark on this

Any chance of a picky? in all seriousness I'll send mine to you to do if you can. Save me having to buy a set of dies.

Is exactly what I did with mine. Bench grinder to get the shape and line then a die to cut the thread. Worked perfectly and a vast improvement over the silly small knob that it comes with.

I did this as well after a long search to see if I could bye an after market bolt handle already done the only place I found was in America tipical!!

So a further search found instructions on how to do it yourself I found a smaller badger style bolt knob on the bay and it turned out great if your not confidant with this then bradders price seems very reasonable considering the knob can cost upwards of £30 I'll post some pics soon as I get a chance.

Be careful Mark, if you haven't done a cz rimfire before. A normal badger style knob when fitted in what would be considered the normal position, will not clear a scope fitted in normal height mounts.

I,ve just had 200 badger knobs made and will be having a small run of a "mini badger" done too, for jobs like this, and more delicate sporting rifles.

I generally machine up a one-off for cz,s.

Heres a couple of pics of a sako I did the other afternoon. The knobs are never round, and to keep the spigot in the centre of the shaft, whilst maintaining an even ring of steel above the knob took two hours.

Came out perfectly though.

IMG_1263_zpslwsmngsd.jpg

IMG_1264_zpsz4tlevaw.jpg

IMG_1265_zpsqyfovzkx.jpg

Nice work and thanks for the heads up.

The chap never turned up though so only time will tell

Anyway, no more gun talk from me today.

It's a holiday, the sun's out and the Duc awaits :lol:

Hear are a few pics of my Cz 455 .22lr with the bagger style bolt knob I fitted myself to do this you will need a small grinder some thick tape and a threading tap and a bowel of cold water and some form of secure clamp I have a soft jawed vice, the one I bought was threaded 5/16-24 UNF

First I taped the shaft of the handle to protect it from the grinder then remove the bolt handle from the bolt

and clamp it securely then I carefully ground down the existing bolt knob dipping it emediatly in a bowel of cold water to prevent any over heating and also so that I could check the thickness of the shaft I ground it so that there was a slight tapper to help the tap get started the metal is Fairly soft and easily created a good thread I applied a little thread lock then tightened the bolt and hay pesto the end result I think looks rather good.

The first picture shows the slight difference in size between my centerfire and rimfire.

The second picture showes the bolt handle fully cocked open with plenty of room to spare.post-9756-0-34591400-1459016794_thumb.jpegpost-9756-0-05529000-1459016817_thumb.jpegpost-9756-0-90265900-1459016858_thumb.jpegpost-9756-0-72088500-1459016884_thumb.jpeg

A decent enough DIY job, but is it not a little uncomfortable filling your guts with cold water then poking a hot bolt handle in there?

Oh you mean bowl....my bad ;) (don't be offended, my spelling is crrrrrrap too, just tickled me after a less than amazing day...)

A decent enough DIY job, but is it not a little uncomfortable filling your guts with cold water then poking a hot bolt handle in there!

Oh you mean bowl....my bad ;) (don't be offended, my spelling is crrrrrrap too, just tickled me after a less than amazing day...)

An amusing typo "my mistake" ??

Archived