Sniper One

Bambi-basher

Anybody else read “Sniper One” by Dan Mills not a bad read, a true account of British Sniper platoon in Iraq. While the writing is not the most elegant the content and true life stories are riveting and it is the most current first hand account of life on the front line in Iraq.

Best rgds

B-b

Bambi,

Great read, enjoyed it thoroughly, just shows what a good job our boys are doing even though they have one arm tied behind there backs.

They should send some of the whitehall procurement staff out there for a fact finding mission, open their eyes to how the best army in the world operates with second rate kit.

I applaud the snipers even more for pulling off the kills they did with $hite green spot ammo!!

Ian.

Ian

I know what you mean about lack of good kit, I have been reading another book “3 Para” by Patrick Bishop set in Afghanistan in 2006 although not as entertaining as “Sniper one” it high lights how poorly equipped our boys are compared to some other NATO allies.

Charly

I take it that “Sniper on the Eastern front” is set in the Second World War, I might get it, as the eastern front was a interesting conflict and were the Germans really lost the war IMO.

Best rgds

B-b

Archived