AICS stock for my 6BR

varmartin

I currently shoot my Custom 6BR with a single shot loading tray installed.

I am considering fitting the action into an AICS stock.

My question is does any one have any experience making the 6BR feed from AI mags in this configuration ?

Here is an image at the mo...

IMG_0335.jpg

When I was looking at what to build my 6BR on, Baldie had some great info on feeding from an AICS mag - may still be on here although I'm sure Dave will pipe up !

As I recall Dave had built himself a rifle doing just that.

TC

I have a 22BR ( uses the 6BR case) in a AICS uing a modified magazine and it feeds OK, I just have to remember to slam the magazine in.

My magazine has been shortened with a spacer from the back of the magazine, I believe Baldie recommends putting the spacer in the front.

Anyhow fear not it can be done.

The critical part of a mag fed 6mmbr is a sako extractor. Some work with the std rem one, most dont. Its in the wrong place, and throws the case out at the wrong angle in most, not all, actions. What is yours Martin ?

Many ways to skin this cat. My mags have 3 mil thick spacer in the front, and to be honest, they aren,t necessary, but mine is a surgeon, and they feed flawlessly. I,ve found the lawtons a little more difficult to make feed, but it can be done. The problem round is always the 2nd to the last, as they tip backwards, but there is a cure. PM me, if you need it. :blink:

Hi Baldie, thanks for the reply.....sorry my post is late... :o PM inbound....

I have a Dave Kiff PT&G bolt in stalled with a Sako extractor..so hopefully good to go !

At the mo, my action has an ally single loading tray installed ( bonded in )...soon to be removed !

What would be the correct method of removing it ? Some heat possably and a large knocking stick ? :D

The Stock arrived this morning, and i didn`t waist any time fitting it !

My first impression was Wow....how heavy ? apparently the stock is 5-6 lbs B)

Getting behind it and snuggling in to its unique curves was different but very comfortable.

Us Cornish boys have a long weekend of target and varmint shooting planned so a range report will follow ! :D:D

It looks just like any other AICS stocked Heavy barrel Remington 700...but here are some images anyway...

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

Archived