Armalite AR10.

menial 1

A quick question for those in the know.

Does an Armalite AR10 receiver have sufficient metal in its build to use a Sarony Easycam to assist with primary extraction, which is my biggest worry this rifle in straight pull format?

The rifle I have found for sale is advertised as 7.62 so would it be better to apply for a slot as 7.62/.308win to make life a little easier down the road should I wish to sell at a later date and also in the purchase of bullets for loading.

Probably sound like dumb questions to some, but AR10's are expensive to buy and I'd like to have as many first hand opinions on the subject as possible.

Pete.

I know nothing about the AR10 question; but would definitely advise getting the calibre listed as 308/7.62mm -both for the rifle and the ammo; you never know when you'll have to deal with a pedant ;)

Listing thus was no issue at all for my FEO.

I know nothing about the AR10 question; but would definitely advise getting the calibre listed as 308/7.62mm -both for the rifle and the ammo; you never know when you'll have to deal with a pedant :wub:

Listing thus was no issue at all for my FEO.

I was thinking along those lines, particularly on the ammunition side. A couple of years ago a chap at Bisley was turned down for the purchase of some ammunition (7.62 milsurp) as he had .308 listed on his ticket.

Pete.

A quick question for those in the know.

Does an Armalite AR10 receiver have sufficient metal in its build to use a Sarony Easycam to assist with primary extraction, which is my biggest worry this rifle in straight pull format?

The rifle I have found for sale is advertised as 7.62 so would it be better to apply for a slot as 7.62/.308win to make life a little easier down the road should I wish to sell at a later date and also in the purchase of bullets for loading.

Probably sound like dumb questions to some, but AR10's are expensive to buy and I'd like to have as many first hand opinions on the subject as possible.

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Gimme a call, I can't find your number

Mark

Archived