just another up date

hi all

don't know if anyone is interested or not, but a few weeks ago Andy pointed out that the Lawton actions where experiencing a bit of quality control.

here is the latest from the same site.

TO all,

Most of you know that I have had some issues with the quality control of the Lawton receivers over the last couple months. After bring it to Barney Lawtons attention, he said that he would look into the problems.

Yesterday I got an order of receivers in from Lawton. They were two of their M7000 receivers.

I am very happy to say that both measured in the 0.00015" range as far as squareness from the bolt face to the receiver face. Bolt to receiver fit also seemed much better then the older M7000 receivers I have built on.

Looks like Barney found the problem and corrected it. Just wanted to give him his due for wanting to offer the best product he can to his customers. These two receivers are as square as any you will find out there no matter what you pay, hopefully this continues!!!

Kirby Allen(50)

and the link if you need to read every thing is

http://longrangehunting.com/ubbthreads/sho...p;page=0#154857

ATB

Colin :lol:

Thanks for that colin and thanks andy :lol: :lol:

All the best...........

RAY.................... :D:lol:

Guest Smeagle

That's good to know, you undoubtably know more about this than I do but I think it is fair to say that when dealing with such tight tolerance it doesn't take much to throw them off. To date I doubt there is a manufacturer out there that has not had at least one bad batch and its how they deal with it that is the measure as far as I am concerned.

Excellent news Colin, pleased that KA has given these the all clear.

I do believe that the bolts were made for him by Pacific Tool and Gauge, also i think the bolts for Stiller Predator actions were made by them, as are most of the bolt handles used by custom action makers.

Ian.

hi Ian

i know the last time i spoke to Candi at Lawton she said they where sick of the mistakes the bolt company where making, and she said they had tooled up to make them there selfs, now i don't know if they are doing this yet, or who it was that was doing them before, all i hope is that the issue is now sorted.nesika all so out source bolts,and i identified a problem with one of theres as well.and sorted it out my self.

as mentioned before, its not about the problems a company makes, no matter how small or how big they are, its how the problem is resolved. everyone makes mistakes, everyone.

ATB

Colin :lol:

Archived