using electric for case prep??????????

craigyboy

just wondering does any one use drills to neck turn cases or ream primer pockets? I always reckon you wouldnt get as a good a finish with a drill as you would by hand but I know from experience that reaming 100 primer pockets ends with a hand the shape of a claw and it stays that way for a few hours, dont want to comprmise finish but if it does the job ok ill give it a go, what sort of drill is best I have a couple of drills as I am a joiner but they may be a bit fast for this sort of thing, was thinking something like those little tube type drills sort of like a dremel tool. What do you reckon?

I uniform primer pockets and debur flash holes with the attachments in a cheap battery powered drill. As you say it stops you knackering your hand up and its faster a cuts cleaner.

I also use a Gracey trimmer for trimming my cases this trims to length and also inside and outside chamfers the case. I can prep in excess of 400 cases an hour with the power driven Gracey.

I'm a firm belever in not making work harder than it needs to be :) I actually enjoy trimming cases now where as before it was a task which filled me with dread.

Cheers

Dave

Archived