kite sight

.243happymeal

I`m sure someone on here will be able to help, my boss just turned up with a green box containing a kite that he brought a while ago but the old keeper hardly used. In the box is an aluminum rail mount that we don`t know anything about and a second rail to fit the sight to a ruger 10/22 reciver that the last guy had made for rabbiting. As this place has naff all rabbits but plenty of foxes I reckon its a shame to waste what seems to be a perfectly good N.V. unit.

Now the questions, what is the best way to mount this on to a full bore? I`ve got my sako 75 but given that I just got it shooting right and as I need it for work during the day getting a second rifle could be the only way to go.

The estate has a remmy 700 thats spare at the mo is there a ready made mounting system to join the two?

Also would the rifle need to be moderated?

Cheers for any help in advance, Matt

Its an odds on favourite that the kite will bolt to any 1913 picattinney rail. Dozens available for the rem 700. Do you have a picture of the sight,s mount ?

I thought there was a company that made mounts to make the Kite fit a Rem 700, Starlight?

Norman Clark made my mount which went on to a 1913 (Piccatinney?) rail. The Kite mount just slotted along the rail and locked in with the spring button on the end. It was costly though, £300 several years ago, but it did work superbly and the rail even had a built in windage, which was handy due to the Kite having a 1 click 1 inch windage adjustment.

As said a photo would be handy.

Speak to Andrew at Riflecraft

He has a lot of experience of fitting Kites to Rem 700s. He has or can obtain any of the mounting bits you require.

He is out of the office this week but should be back after the weekend/bank hol

ATB

Mark

Archived