Putting a 5-25 groove in an AI mount

brown dog

Spotted this whilst surfing; Zak Smith adapted a standard AI mount for a 5-25 by putting a notch in the mount (to make space for the larger 5-25 scope saddle):

Anyone here done this?

Anyone here want to save me from trying it with a hand file :rolleyes::lol: ?

scopemountstep.jpg

Hi Matt,

they come as standard with the grove machined in from Sporting Services for the 5-25x56PMII with 40moa cant. I guess they have a bloke who mills a grove out - let me know if you want the dims for the slot.

David.

Baldie,

Thanks! Please would you PM me the address to post it to.

David,

I just want to stick the scope in the mount I've had my 4-16 in rather than shell out for a new one, and then have a 'spare'. I expect Baldie has the dimension; but I'd be interested!

ATB

Matt

Hi Matt,

If your 4-16's is in it chances are it has 18.5 moa cant - the 5-25 needs 40moa to get the most out of the available elevation. Shame not to.

The slot is 54mm long - it is in the centre of the mount (equal distance from front and rear ring). Itis aprox 1.5mm deep - Remove the side clamp and machine down to the depth of the side clamp so side clamp fits flush with grove when installed.

David

Just got my 12-50x56 S&B, i had a 18% mount and guess what the scope would not bloody fit,,

sent the mount back to G Clark to swop for one that will fit???

So now i am sitting here with a nice new scope and i cannot put it on my rifle ;) ,

Did not think that this could be done,, Der

running out of time as the first 100 yrd br comp starts on saturday and there is a 600 br comp on

monday,,,

So i hope that the mount is in the post tuesday, fingers crossed :(

Darrel

Archived