am all ready having a review on one of my knives, but would like another independant review done from this site from some one who has never met me, or knows me, the knife is one of my patent designed grallochers or bleeders. love it or hate it it's up to the reviewer,i would rather the reviewer come from a poster on this forum and it can all be done in this thread

cheers bernie

am all ready having a review on one of my knives, but would like another independant review done from this site from some one who has never met me, or knows me, the knife is one of my patent designed grallochers or bleeders. love it or hate it it's up to the reviewer,i would rather the reviewer come from a poster on this forum and it can all be done in this thread

cheers bernie

hi -

you should be looking for someone that will shoot a lot of deer,and can really put the knife to the test.

shooting one beast is not going to be any where near the mark,as you say the knife will hold up to quite a few beasts.

all so i would drop one of the mods a pm, and make sure it is OK with them.

ATB

Colin :D

PS thats me out of the running on all the counts, :D:(:(

Bernie

Get Bambi-basher to do it.

Engineer by training and profession and shoots a good few deer in the course of a season.

Also has a go critic eye for quality , and a fair and honest opinion.

Has no vested interest in any site , shooting business or agency.

What more could you ask for.

never met you bambi basher but would you like to field test my knives

iv'e met you col and know you would do an honest review but we all know what would happen if you did :D

cheers

bernie

but would you like to field test my knives

cheers

bernie

Hi Bernie

I not sure that I am best qualified to do a Knife review

The engineering side well that is not a problem, I see you come from my own town of Derby, as you know half the town works for one of two big engineering companies in the town, each a world leader in there own field. I have worked for both of them, may be you work for one of them yourself.

With my professional and personal contacts getting any engineering test you name done would not be a issue, but only the NDTs would be fair.

I have to confess that I am not into fancy knives or rifles for that matter, I believe in functionally having a beauty all of it’s own. :D All my knives are synthetic/stainless.

I have, like some of the other lads on here done some writing for the odd magazine but only for fun.

On the stalking side, like a lot of you I am only a keen leisure stalker (who some times gives a mate a hand with his guests when he gets too busy) but I think we have one or two pros on here who cull a lot more deer than me so they might have more animals to evaluate the knife on.

The above said I do have a week on the red stags coming up but I will be shooting selectively it will not be a “if it’s brown it’s down trip” so I might only take a couple of animals that week, then it is the red stag and Sika rut so I will be at them again.

The best time to test it would be on the red hinds as you could run back to back tests with other knives once you had 2 or 3 down.

If none of the pro lads are willing to take the task on then for the benefit of the site I will take a look, but if the review comes out well I do not want any kick back in anyway, if I do not think it is as good as the knife I all ready use and say so I do not want any grief. At the end of the day like any review it will only be my opinion.

So any pro want to take this on?

Best rgds

B-b

ask him

Now he is a validated site member I suppose I could.

Perhaps he will read this thread and reveal all any way. :D

Is he still sporting that monster of a tash? :(

well he did still have the tash last week when I was out with him,you need to see his leather trousers now there really scary

Ah! the infamous leather trousers :D

I'll for go that one if you don't mind. Conjures up terrible images of the leather clad biker guy out of the Village People armed to the teeth and running around the woods of the S West. Sing the chorus line from YMCA.With the arm movements that go with it. :(

my personal opinion is you dont need any engineering background to test a knife all anyone needs to

Hi Pete

I think you are largely correct, the only area I thought it might be of use is to test the hardness of the steel if Bernie has done his own tempering.

On a good knife the cutting edge should be harder than the back of the blade, if all the blade is hardened it makes for a brittle knife.

But I am no knife expert. :D

B-b

Archived