ziess turrets .5cm

Hi guys

jsut bought a ziess victory & it has .5cm clicks does the tally up as "mil"

its numbered

10-70 with ten .5cm click between each unit of ten!

so is each "10" 1x mill

And exball is telling me my 600yd drop is 2.67 mil or 57.5"

this is with a 243ai @ 3775fps & 65g vamax

now as im MOA shooter up untill this point is this on the right track?

its mainly my foxing rig these days but i do like the option to dial if need be(daytime)

cheers Andy

Skany

apologies for delayed reply.

A .1 MIL ajustment click on PM11's equals 1cm at 100 mtrs (10 cm at 1000 mtrs)

So, if your click value is .5cm (half a cm) then the ajustment value is (in theory) .05 MIL at 100 mtrs.

However if it were me, I would check your ajustment values at 100 mtrs (say a movement of ten clicks will if the scopes tracking is accurate, move the ret /point of impact 5cm)

If your scope has inscriptions 0-1 then 2, 3 4, 5 etc etc.

with ten "clicks" in bettween and its a .05 MIL ajustment, this will end in confusion and every numerical number will have to be divided by 2 to give the real MIL value.

However, if there are twenty clicks bettween 0-1 / 1-2 / 2-3 etc etc, then your numerical inscriptions are mIL values.

I obviously stand to be corrected, maybe Matt will give a more accurate view...

Skany

apologies for delayed reply.

A .1 MIL ajustment click on PM11's equals 1cm at 100 mtrs (10 cm at 1000 mtrs)

So, if your click value is .5cm (half a cm) then the ajustment value is (in theory) .05 MIL at 100 mtrs.

However if it were me, I would check your ajustment values at 100 mtrs (say a movement of ten clicks will if the scopes tracking is accurate, move the ret /point of impact 5cm)

If your scope has inscriptions 0-1 then 2, 3 4, 5 etc etc.

with ten "clicks" in bettween and its a .05 MIL ajustment, this will end in confusion and every numerical number will have to be divided by 2 to give the real MIL value.

However, if there are twenty clicks bettween 0-1 / 1-2 / 2-3 etc etc, then your numerical inscriptions are mIL values.

I obviously stand to be corrected, maybe Matt will give a more accurate view...

Hi Andy

thanks for the reply mate!:-)

Hmmm tis a bit weird then ronin

as on the tenth click its numbered number 10 then 20 is 20clicks & so on |& so forth!

A few lads on here use this scope so im hoping they pipe up to!

cheers Andy

Prepare to do your head in!!!Your gonna have to think,zero,range find,windage,drop and elevation charts etc all in metric now my friend and the very best of luck to you.I tried to work with my rifles with metric and moa scopes and in the end gave up on the confusion it caused.This dont help you I know,hope you dont end up selling the Zeiss to go back like I did,that was a rip.All the best but if you stick with it I think metric has some advantages.All the best Onehole.

Hi guys

jsut bought a ziess victory & it has .5cm clicks does the tally up as "mil"

its numbered

10-70 with ten .5cm click between each unit of ten!

so is each "10" 1x mill

And exball is telling me my 600yd drop is 2.67 mil or 57.5"

this is with a 243ai @ 3775fps & 65g vamax

now as im MOA shooter up untill this point is this on the right track?

its mainly my foxing rig these days but i do like the option to dial if need be(daytime)

cheers Andy

Hi mate

I have a zeiss 6-24-56 with same turret adj..have you put the correct settings into exbal as i found it all to confusing when i bought mine.

You should use sight adjustment options. Select CPHM units (cm/100 meters) and a click size of ½,

i was using mine out to 600+ with 75grn amax in my 223 and i was very happy with the results..

Mick

Hi mate

I have a zeiss 6-24-56 with same turret adj..have you put the correct settings into exbal as i found it all to confusing when i bought mine.

You should use sight adjustment options. Select CPHM units (cm/100 meters) and a click size of ½,

i was using mine out to 600+ with 75grn amax in my 223 and i was very happy with the results..

Mick

so number 10 on the turret actualy means 5cm?

nice

glad I shant dial it much LOL

shouldn't be a prob with confusion ill just use matts card on my moa scope

still seems poor on ziess part unless I'm totaly missing something

cheers for replys andy

Yeah just make sure you plug in 1/2 cm clicks in your program and work with the number of clicks required.If you do this the turret reads and works real easy.You must get MOA and how it works right out of your head.Zero at 100m [really important] Range find in meters and click it in.

If I could have afforded it I would probably have gone metric completley but cost prevented conversion of my rifle combos.Onehole.

Yeah just make sure you plug in 1/2 cm clicks in your program and work with the number of clicks required.If you do this the turret reads and works real easy.You must get MOA and how it works right out of your head.Zero at 100m [really important] Range find in meters and click it in.

If I could have afforded it I would probably have gone metric completley but cost prevented conversion of my rifle combos.Onehole.

surely if you zero it at 100yds & & range in yards & set it so in exball it will make no differnace??????

cheers Andy

Andy!,GET yards and MOA etc out yer head.You may well get it to work in some fashion or other but all I am saying is why bother the scope is set to work in metric.I am sure Zeiss intended it to work this way.Is it that your ranger cant do metric perhaps?All the best,Onehole.

Hi

all

Micky am i right on the turret values? (as in 10 is 5 or 5cm in real life)

im really not seeing something here with regards to yds & meters !

id have thought it would make no odds at all if set in yds in exbal as the range will be the same however its inputted!

its not going to get dialed much like i said but you never know when ill need to!

Andy

Andy,Yeah your right, 0 to 10 on the turret[ie 10 clicks] at 100metres is 5cm of movement. That is 10 half centimetre clicks.At 200m one click will move impact one whole centimetre,at 400m one click two centimetres etc etc. Yards feet and inches and MOA do not have a place here at all IMO.

Andy,Yeah your right, 0 to 10 on the turret[ie 10 clicks] at 100metres is 5cm of movement. That is 10 half centimetre clicks.At 200m one click will move impact one whole centimetre,at 400m one click two centimetres etc etc. Yards feet and inches and MOA do not have a place here at all IMO.

not idealy marked then whtever format you use!:-(

when exbal tells me i have to adjsut to say 25cm I have to double it to number 50 as its marked on the turret!

makes perfect sence!

not lol

my laser rang finder is in yards & im not changing it again!lol

im happy to let exbal do the maths & wont worry one little bit about it :wacko::rolleyes:

as long as the bullet goes where its intended

cheers Andy

Ah! gotcha! your ranger is in yards,heaven help you.YOU are going to do your head in then.

nahh it seems fine punching it in exball

no diff then MOA other then the turrets read weird!

I punch in yds it tells me wht to adjsut in cm's to "almost" match the turrets (gota X by 2 but hey ho)

simple unless im right of the mark here!

disapointed in the config of these turret wich ever way you look at it!:-(

cheers Andy

nahh it seems fine punching it in exball

no diff then MOA other then the turrets read weird!

I punch in yds it tells me wht to adjsut in cm's to "almost" match the turrets (gota X by 2 but hey ho)

simple unless im right of the mark here!

disapointed in the config of these turret wich ever way you look at it!:-(

cheers Andy

Andy i know where your coming from in ref to say 300 yrd tgt exbal for you says 15cm so that means 30 clicks yeh ? now on my exbal it gives the straight clicks i need to come up ? and im either on tgt or 1 or 2 clicks diff up or down.

onehole is correct in saying with ref to clicks,,0.05 cm per oe click so yes 10 clicks is 5cm at 100 mtrs...and 200 would 10 cm and so on

Can you tell us what settings you have your exbal on,,,DOES IT HAVE CPHY ?

DO NOT USE THE MOA SETTING

where in UK are you

Mick

Andy i know where your coming from in ref to say 300 yrd tgt exbal for you says 15cm so that means 30 clicks yeh ? now on my exbal it gives the straight clicks i need to come up ? and im either on tgt or 1 or 2 clicks diff up or down.

onehole is correct in saying with ref to clicks,,0.05 cm per oe click so yes 10 clicks is 5cm at 100 mtrs...and 200 would 10 cm and so on

Can you tell us what settings you have your exbal on,,,DOES IT HAVE CPHY ?

DO NOT USE THE MOA SETTING

where in UK are you

Mick

Hi Micky

just set it as total click value & the turrets make much more sense now:-P

thanks mate

im in devon mate barnstaple

cheers Andy

So you do have it set on CPHY and at 1/2 value ??

Mick

Yes mate had it set like that wich gave total cm of adjsutment required!

just changed it to show total clicks & it matches the turrets spot on now!:-)

left it zereod @ 100yds & input range as yards as i cant see a reason to change it!

exball does the maths & i dont need to change my ways at all!

happy days!

not sure ill get to try it before i go away thos

looks a damn sight simpler now the pennys droped lol

ANdy

Yes mate had it set like that wich gave total cm of adjsutment required!

just changed it to show total clicks & it matches the turrets spot on now!:-)

left it zereod @ 100yds & input range as yards as i cant see a reason to change it!

exball does the maths & i dont need to change my ways at all!

happy days!

not sure ill get to try it before i go away thos

looks a damn sight simpler now the pennys droped lol

ANdy

Glad its all ok now..lol...smashing scopes mate sure you will be made up with it.what rifle you using it on ?

Mick

Nice rifle mate..let me know how you get on with scope and exbal when you get out

Mick

thanks MAte another Dasherman tack driver:-)

should be fine as the only thing that will have changed is the scope adjsutment!

at the end of the day exbal will jsut convet the measurments!

prob wont be for about 3weeks now as of to egypt on tues but ill let you know! :wacko::rolleyes:

to busy to excape at mo!

lagging the loft! joy! :D

cheers Andy

thanks MAte another Dasherman tack driver:-)

should be fine as the only thing that will have changed is the scope adjsutment!

at the end of the day exbal will jsut convet the measurments!

prob wont be for about 3weeks now as of to egypt on tues but ill let you know! :wacko::rolleyes:

to busy to excape at mo!

lagging the loft! joy! :D

cheers Andy

Well im sure you will enjoy ur egypt hol i was there last yr on the cruise nile,,deffo go back.

Mick

Archived