add-on scope

garyw

I have an NVPS10 which I think is an earlier version. Mine (I subsequently found out) is though only intended as a viewer not a rifle aiming device. You use an infra red laser attached to the barrel as an aiming mark and view it through the viewer, problem is the lazer supplied is not eye safe so get a reflected image and you could suffer eye damage.

Looking at PVS14 it seems to fit a picattinny rail. Some of the modern sniper weapons now have a second picatinny rail at the end of the foreend for taking an NV device ahead of a scope but I have never seen a hunting rifle with one. The pics I saw of the 14 shows it on an assualt rifle in a conventional position.

Think you may be better with a Kite or similar unless you are able to mount it ahead of the scope.

A

As far as I'm aware the PVS 14 works either as a head mounted monocular or a weapon sight.

My understanding with add-on NV is that it normally works best with cheaper scopes, the two most common being the AGS Swat 4-16x56 or a similar magnification from the Falcon range, I do know several peope also use them with the Zeiss 6-24x56 Diavarri and find them to work very well.

Just make sure you have side focus.

As far as I'm aware the PVS 14 works either as a head mounted monocular or a weapon sight.

My understanding with add-on NV is that it normally works best with cheaper scopes, the two most common being the AGS Swat 4-16x56 or a similar magnification from the Falcon range, I do know several peope also use them with the Zeiss 6-24x56 Diavarri and find them to work very well.

Just make sure you have side focus.

Gary,

Drop me a line.

varminter 223.

for some reason i cant send pm tried to contact a moderator but that also is a no-no so i dont know what the reason is but i could e-mail you if want.

gary

Archived