Good old DPM.

baldie

Finished this A5 today. The customer wanted DPM. Its one of the guys who goes to CZ a lot to shoot in Dave,s comps. Seeing as DPM was designed for scandanavian forests, it should be effective for the chap. First one in this pattern for me, and i enjoyed doing it.

dpm.jpg

No, its Duracoat paint. I used their new dpm stencil, but there is also a lot of freehand airbrush work in there too. The colour blocks on a dpm pattern have dots on some of their edges.....this cant really be replicated with a stencil, but an airbrush does it nicely. It then spent the day in the oven at a low temp, to cure.

I used to do a lot of custom mural work in my youth on scooters and motorbikes with the airbrush....this kind of thing is a lot simpler, but still great fun.

Looks good Dave.

Is the metalwork getting similar treatment?

Who for??

PW, RH, PB, CU ???

Looks good Dave.

Is the metalwork getting similar treatment?

Who for??

PW, RH, PB, CU ???

I painted the barrelled action when i rebarrelled it Andy...in h+k satin black.

Its GB,s gun.

is it hardwearing dave ? or after some years wear off abit ?

Any finish applied to a stock is gonna wear with time, be it varnish, or paint.

The original paint on this mac is one coat of duracoat. I sand them down, prime, and then put up to 3 different colour full coats on, then highlights, such as the black bits and spots. Then 4 coats of laquer.

Thats gonna last a fair bit longer than the original, plus its baked on in the oven.

The metalwork gets the same baked on treatment, and its applied over a shotblasted finish. this ensures hard wear. Anyone not shotblasting the metalwork first, is not applying the paint properly, and the job wont last.

Its good stuff when applied correctly.

Could of used the NATO DPM paint dave.... :)B)

That was a favourite with new recruits in the army sending to the stores for DPM paint.

Nice work dave.

Mick

Yeh, micky stood there for ages in the QMs dept, waiting for an air bubble for a spirit level.....................then wondered why after 30 mins he was given a ballon and sent back to the pioneer sgt............................

Not that this ever happened to me............................

Kind of like sending one of the boots around looking for a bubble pump for the level on the 81 mm mortar, eh?

A yard of flight line

A box of grid squares

An ID 10 Tango

etc.... :D

lost me with the ID 10 Tango.................I would more than likely still be stood there waiting for it...lol.

The short answer is, i dont know Dave. We only do paintwork on rifle,s we actually build, and for 3 or 4 trade customers at the moment....but that could change shortly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave,

looks great.......I will see it in the flesh in May. I had a chat with Del.........fingers crossed it shoots as good as it looks. I know you had to put a lot of hard work into the rifle.

David.

Archived