35mm scope rings..

Streeker59

As i was having one of my "what if i could afford this" window shopping moments and was wondering how nice it would be to own a Vortex Razor scope, i also wondered where one could obtain 35mm rings for the unusual size of the Razors tube.

Ebay, optics planet & optics warehouse had nothing.. Tried a few other sites and concluded that no bugger makes em..

Contacted optics warehouse as they sell the Vortex and they kindly advised that i can only obtain Gen Vortex rings at £175 from them as no other bugger makes them in this size..

Ah, a challenge i thought.. £175 for rings is a joke even if they're gold plated.. Yes i know farrel and a number of other bespoke ring makers charge a kings ransom for rings but that doesn't mean they're worth the high price..

On top of that, the Vortex rings are steel. Now call me stupid but i quiver at the thought of naked steel clamping Aluminum unless there is a plastic collar between the two to protect the tube such as opti-lock or burris signature.

Well i found 35mm alloy rings in the last place i'd expect... Border Barrels...

http://www.border-barrels.co.uk/scope-ring...minium-56-p.asp

I've probably opened up a can of worms here about steel versus alloy rings and i'm sure the gunnys on the forum will shoot me down in flames.

Well so be it but at £75 and made of alloy, i'd be happier clamping a rather expensive scope in these than naked steel rings at twice the price..

The ally IOR 35mm rings are quite nicely finished, the steel ones are not.

Third Eye Tactical make 34mm rings in the UK, pretty sure that the owner (Craig) would consider making a set with 35mm holes as everything is CNC'd I imagine that it would not be too difficult to alter the holes size?

The ally IOR 35mm rings are quite nicely finished, the steel ones are not.

Third Eye Tactical make 34mm rings in the UK, pretty sure that the owner (Craig) would consider making a set with 35mm holes as everything is CNC'd I imagine that it would not be too difficult to alter the holes size?

Thanks Ronin.. Just checked out thier site and they offer 35mm rings already.. Nicely finished too by the looks of it..

Archived