New Stealth Sound Moderator

Peter

>so in all the tests that has been carried out in all the shooting mags what qualified company or person has done the test correctly as i know of none,just done by an individual like you and I<

To which tests do you refer? I'm not a great reader of the shooting mags. Its all rather same old same old IMO.

>in time all will be told and the inocent protected untill then keep digging you hole a bit deeper<

Am I to conclude that you can't interpret that last sentence? It all sound very mysterious! ;) The telling of the truth and the protection of the innocent. I keep expecting the Lone Ranger to ride into view from behind the nearest hill. ;) I can hear that familiar theme music that was always played when he was chasing the baddies.

Enough of this banter! ;) I'm sure the rest of the board members are just as bored with it as I am. Lets get this thread back on track.

Where you there when the Stealth mod was put through its paces?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as i am concerned, and as i have stated before there is a British standards Institute specific test for sound moderators and most likely an ISO equivalent.

This would most likely be conducted in an accoustic booth with the same rifle firing the same charge through each moderator in turn against a set standard.

The results would then be correlated and recorded showing which is the most efficient.

To me, these sort of results would be the only ones i would take any notice of. ;)

Ian.

As far as i am concerned, and as i have stated before there is a British standards Institute specific test for sound moderators and most likely an ISO equivalent.

This would most likely be conducted in an accoustic booth with the same rifle firing the same charge through each moderator in turn against a set standard.

The results would then be correlated and recorded showing which is the most efficient.

To me, these sort of results would be the only ones i would take any notice of. ;)

Ian.

some people are here just to disrupt the board, and pick fault with everything.i think this is becoming quit clear.

the mill standard is the only way to compare mods, this is y i will not be putting my readings up on here.

simple as that.

http://hfetag.dtic.mil/docs-hfs/mil-std-1474d.pdf

ATB

Colin ;)

Having been in the gun trade for quite a while and sold, mounted and made quite a few mods I must say that your mod have striking recemblance to two popular moderators. The rear part is quite close to a nice clean copy of the a-tec and the baffle stack is nothing but a machined copy of the BR Reflex design.

By all means, nothing wrong with that! In the mod world everyone "borrow" good ideas.

This new crossover mod will probably give dB drops very close to the BR T10 for the 10 baffle version, thus it should be compared to this one after the dB readings have been taken.

hi R93

may i ask what part of the gun trade are you in??? who have you worked for??? and what do you do now???

ATB

Colin ;)

Mil-standard, mil-spec or whatever you want to call it is exactly that, a test to meet laid down military specifications, this does not automatically mean it is the best or the only method of testing.

Ian.

hi ian

this is the exact reason y they have adopted this way of testing the mods.don't forget that mods are made all over the world,and what is available (ways of testing) here may not be available in there country. and if each individual moderator company decided to do the tests how they wanted to do them, then basically the readings would be worthless.as every variation in the test will result in different results.and if the meter is at a different distance, position, different back ground,there is so many variables that will render the test useless.

Bruce pots will not publish any db readings for the exact same reasons, they are not worth the paper they are printed on,UN less every mod is tested the exact same way.so yes you are right, there are lots of different ways to test mods, some may be better than the mill standard,i don't know, but I'm afraid that is the one they have adopted,and it was nothing to do with me,i am just pointing out that UN less the test was carried out in the mill standard way then it is not any good at all,

ATB

Colin ;)

Thanks lads for keeping things in perspective even with differing views on things that makes it intersting , Thanks for keeping things polite too!!!

As for moderators i am running the reflex model on me 6ppc and me 6.5-284 at the moment , but i am looking at these other models with great interest!!!

Now that is what i like about this site , you get a broad view of the products used by the members , which i must say is better than a magazine test!!

Just my personal view on things , keep the good work up gents................

All the very best and hope to meet up with some of you on sat at the midland game fair ................

RAY......................... ;) ;)

I,ve got a better idea. I,ll dig up a centrefire s/h, and we will fit every mod we can lay hands on to it, and whoever wants to have a listen can do so. I think i can lay this on at my club which is mattersey which is near retford/blythe.

I have an a/tech in 1/2" unf, and a pes scout in 1/2", unfortunatly my t4 ar is 28tpi, so we would need other mods in 1/2" as maybe the easiest gun to lay my hands on would be a .223, there are probarbly one or two more, like a t8 etc, kicking about at the shop too. Who,s up for it? Testing will be with the mk1 lughole, anyone wishing to add/make suggestions, please do so.

I,ve got a better idea. I,ll dig up a centrefire s/h, and we will fit every mod we can lay hands on to it, and whoever wants to have a listen can do so. I think i can lay this on at my club which is mattersey which is near retford/blythe.

I have an a/tech in 1/2" unf, and a pes scout in 1/2", unfortunatly my t4 ar is 28tpi, so we would need other mods in 1/2" as maybe the easiest gun to lay my hands on would be a .223, there are probarbly one or two more, like a t8 etc, kicking about at the shop too. Who,s up for it? Testing will be with the mk1 lughole, anyone wishing to add/make suggestions, please do so.

Good man baldie ;) ;)

Thats a very kind offer sir , shame i am so far away will be a intereting test - like you say our own hearing tells us all we need to know!!!

Thanks for that...............

RAY........................ ;) ;)

Right, i didn,t know. What were the results then?

you know, what i find very strange is i all so did a test on the A-TEC. and some of the people on this board brought them,in fact a lot you included baldi.

i think you will find i did a very similar test as i did with the A-TEC, and i think you will agree that everything i said was true.

now if some of you do not except my findings, then fine,but i suggest if you want a better test doing then buy one and subject it to whatever tests you like,this is going to be a shooters review,done by a shooter for shooters.

if you would like an engineers report doing on the mod,then i will get you one of those done if there is a enough demand for it,as i have said before i have access to this type of thing if you really think it will help you in the field.

now my credibility to do a test has been brought in to the acquisition. (no prizes for guessing who) but let me make this totally clear, i was asked to do the test, i did not volunteer,and i was asked 3 times before i agreed to do it. now they are the facts.if you have a problem with this may i advise you to take it up with Stuart,as he asked me.

ATB

Colin ;)

you know, what i find very strange is i all so did a test on the A-TEC. and some of the people on this board brought them,in fact a lot you included baldi.

i think you will find i did a very similar test as i did with the A-TEC, and i think you will agree that everything i said was true.

now if some of you do not except my findings, then fine,but i suggest if you want a better test doing then buy one and subject it to whatever tests you like,this is going to be a shooters review,done by a shooter for shooters.

if you would like an engineers report doing on the mod,then i will get you one of those done if there is a enough demand for it,as i have said before i have access to this type of thing if you really think it will help you in the field.

now my credibility to do a test has been brought in to the acquisition. (no prizes for guessing who) but let me make this totally clear, i was asked to do the test, i did not volunteer,and i was asked 3 times before i agreed to do it. now they are the facts.if you have a problem with this may i advise you to take it up with Stuart,as he asked me.

ATB

Colin ;)

Hey col - no worries mate and a big thanks from all of us for taking the time to do such a test ;) ;)

Helps to narrow down the choice of when making a decision what to buy!!!

Always appreciated when people take the time to test and review so others can make a informed decision when buying!!

All the very best........................

RAY..............................

Hey col - no worries mate and a big thanks from all of us for taking the time to do such a test ;);)

Helps to narrow down the choice of when making a decision what to buy!!!

Always appreciated when people take the time to test and review so others can make a informed decision when buying!!

All the very best........................

RAY..............................

thanks -

it is much appreciated that there are some people out there that will take the review for what it is.

thanks again

Colin ;)

it is much appreciated that there are some people out there that will take the review for what it is.

Colin

Have no worries. We will all take your review for exactly what it is.

Looking forward to the day its posted. Will you be answering questions on the content?

ATB

Hoot ;)

Archived