New Stealth Sound Moderator

You still smarting from not getting the A-tec contract Col??? Is that why your pushing other brands???

I have seen/shot with an A-tec, and IMHO it's the best I have used.

I have not shot with and have only seen pictures or the stealth on here, maby it's because the baffels on the A-tec look "fancy broccoli" that I prefer the look of the A-tec over the stealth, or "machined" baffels sounds better to me than "pressed" I dont know!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You still smarting from not getting the A-tec contract Col??? Is that why your pushing other brands???

I have not shot with and have only seen pictures or the stealth on here, maby it's because the baffels on the A-tec look "fancy broccoli" that I prefer the look of the A-tec over the stealth, or "machined" baffels sounds better to me than "pressed" I dont know!

There are no pressed items on a Stealth Moderator - the baffles are made from a single billet of Aluminium, as are all the stainless steel items. This is an engineered product!

Stuart

I think the moderator developement has only started,

if the fad catches on and is legalised in other countries we will

see real competition starting. First the quantities must go up, then

several will want a part of the cake. It is simply not true that fully

automatic produced parts are more expensive in the UK than else where.

We produce millions of technical parts in our company fully automatic and

can compete with for example Korea.

And compared to for example producing a scope, a moderator is a piece of cake.

Once the quantities are up different technologies will become interesting, the baffles

could be injection moulded stainless and avoid most machining.

At the moment the market is willing to pay £300 for a moderator, that is the reason why

they cost that much. No other reason.

edi

A-MAX

please re read the posts, I'm afraid you have it wrong,(as i did) all baffles are CNC machined, on the A-TEC and the STEALTH.as i have not had a chance to have a close look at the mod yet,i made the mistake,but as i said Stuart would put us right

You still smarting from not getting the A-tec contract Col???

Not at all, time to move on,if this mod proves it self to be better than the A-TEC then fine, but if not that is all so fine, i have no vested interest in ether now.just if there is one as good or better i think that people will want to know about it,nothing more than that.

ATB

Colin :rolleyes:

A max

with respect dont you read to well or cant you be bothered to ?? or is it you just want to jump all over Col at any given point without reading the entire post as it has plainly been stated that the stealth baffles are machines from a billet and not pressed,

"I'm no expert but i think you will find it is 2 complete different methods of producing the baffles,the A-TEC are CNC machined, and i think the stealths are pressed,"

This is a quote from cols post at the top of the page....

now forgive me if iam wrong but have you got a problem with Col or has he done you down in some way as i cannot understand how a man can be so vile towards another with no reason

The same can be said about you and col to certain others across several forums, do as to others........i'll leave you all alone when you start behaveing like adults to others........ ALL others!!!

As to the A tec and Col not getting the contact,there is far far more to it mate than you can ever know,you only think you know the story lots have happened which hasnt even been posted on any public sites

well duhh!!!

I too have shot the A tec and in my opinion is was the best of the bunch at the time,I have also seen and had 1 shot with the stealth and will be present at the testing this coming Saturday,first impressions are good just as they were with the Atec but with the stealth being british made it will be far easier to get spares and not have problems with an over seas manufactor

A max why dont you pop along this saturday and cast your expert opinion over this mod

Too far away,too busy, but thanks for the offer, very kind of you.

Pete

>i cannot understand how a man can be so vile towards another with no reason<

You have a very short memory, or is it just convenient at this time not to recall your past transgressions under a number of different names around various sites.

A Max

>The same can be said about you and col to certain others across several forums, do as to others........<

True and well documented. I think Colin is in the process of being banned from one site as we type. Which should hopefully cure his fixation on a certain site moderator. ;)

Stuart

I repeat my earlier request regarding B-b's technical observations, and comments.

>Please do not conduct your following discussion by PM as I am sure that the areas covered will be of considerable interest to the rest of the site members<

Regards

Hoot

Pete

Why would I need emails and PM's? The evidence is scattered all over various sites far and wide of people to read for themselves.

But we seem to have hijacked this very interesting thread with unimportant bickering. I apologise to the rest of the site for that.

Lets allow it to get back on track .

Hoot

A Max

I have had only 1 problem with 1 person and that was well justified,unlike you which as far as i know havnt had any dealings or need to attack Col at ever given oppertunity,so what is your problem other than being Pete lincolns mate ???

I disagree Pete/Funky/multi username, I belive you have a problem with ANYONE who dosent share YOUR opinion, dosent "golden straw" youor even "plugs" Col48's (your new best friend) compitition!!!

p.s. I've never met Pete Lincoln, I've spoke to him on the phone, I've a rifle ordered from him, but I'll tell you this, i'd trust him/what he says over you or Col48 any day ;)

for the record mate Col isnt by best friend far far from it again you know sod all.

a little knowlage is a dangerous thing

For not being your friend, you 2 do some arse kissing!!!

"a little knowlage is a dangerous thing"

You said it!!! You and Col possess "little knowlage" between you, and look how dangerous that is..........

p.s. I've never met Pete Lincoln, I've spoke to him on the phone, I've a rifle ordered from him, but I'll tell you this, i'd trust him/what he says over you or Col48 any day ;)

A-max, I don't think you will be disappointet with Pete Lincolns work, he built me a great rifle and was very helpful sourcing scopes and stocks.

Just ordered another rifle. Only thing is, the chap is working on his own.

rgds

edi

A-max, I don't think you will be disappointet with Pete Lincolns work, he built me a great rifle and was very helpful sourcing scopes and stocks.

Just ordered another rifle. Only thing is, the chap is working on his own.

rgds

edi

Edi

Would you care to share some details of the rifle you already have and the one you have just ordered?

The reason I ask is I too am about to give serious consideration to getting a Roedale Precision Rifle built. Pete has also been a great help in sourcing various items for a number of guys I know.

Edi

Would you care to share some details of the rifle you already have and the one you have just ordered?

The reason I ask is I too am about to give serious consideration to getting a Roedale Precision Rifle built. Pete has also been a great help in sourcing various items for a number of guys I know.

Hi Hoot,

hope they don't murder me now for highjacking this thread.

anyway, I took over my fathers old hunting rifle that we used while

living in africa. It was a Sako Forester 308 that had accounted for

more than 1000 Kudu with a PH before we bought it in 72.

I spoke to Pete Lincoln who priced a rebarrel job. Plan was to

put a Lothar Walther heavy magnum sporter profile with 22" on. This

seemed a good compromise. I didn't want it to heavy. Of course it

needed to be threaded, action checked, trigger checked.

I don't think Pete charged for everything he did, he sorted it.

Pete organised a second hand S&B 4-16x50 and a second hand laminate stock and

pillar bedded it.

The original was too narrow for the new barrel.

I later rebuilt the original stock, made it lighter and coated it with carbon

as a lightweight walk around stock.

Got the rifle last year in Oktober and shot a nice stag two days later.

She would group under 1/2" with federal fusion at 100 and 3/4" at 200yds.

Rem SP would be 1" and Lapua mega around 3/4" at 100.

But then again I'm not the best shot and rather hunt than play paper.

Anyway I was glad to save the old girl and got a semi or almost full custom rifle.

roedalesakotimber308.jpg

With homemade stock.

308sakoroedale.jpg

Next up is a bog standard Howa in 22-250 to replace my 223. Pete will check the action,

rework trigger, thread, crown. Then I can shoot out the original barrel. Later when I know

what I want I can get that rebarreld to whatever spec and possibly calibre change.

At least the costs won't run away.

edi

Phew, after reading this load of savagery its nice to get back to the original topic.

Dumb question first regarding cleaning: I thought that as carbon built up in the moddy it would add to the quietening effects, no?

Proper question, I need a new moddy for my .204 (1/2 inch UNF) which stealth model, how much and is it better than a T8.

Thanks

Rogern

Phew, after reading this load of savagery its nice to get back to the original topic.

Dumb question first regarding cleaning: I thought that as carbon built up in the moddy it would add to the quietening effects, no?

Proper question, I need a new moddy for my .204 (1/2 inch UNF) which stealth model, how much and is it better than a T8.

Thanks

Rogern

Quite agree rogern!!

As for thread It better get on track or you leave me no other choice but to lock the thread which would be a shame because it made interesting reading!!!

I like many others on this forum are getting a bit tired of this bickering recently - dont mind a healthy debate as long as its stays respectful to each other!!!

All the best..............

RAY.......................... :D:P

The difference in baffles aside you have got to admit that the designs have a lot of coincidental similar features.

Best rgds

B-b

just to try and dispel the miff of who actual copied who

The first successful silencers were patented in 1910 by the American inventor Hiram P. Maxim (son of Hiram S. Maxim of Maxim machine-gun fame). His devices were of the baffle type, which is still in common use today. A baffle silencer typically consists of a metal cylinder, usually divided into two sections, which is fixed to the muzzle of the firearm.

The first section, which is typically about a third of the silencer's length, contains an "expansion chamber" into which the hot gases that follow the bullet out of the muzzle can expand to dissipate some of their energy. The expansion chamber may contain a wire mesh cylinder, whose function is to break up the column of gas and to cool it by acting as a heat sink.

The second section consists of a series of metal baffles, with a central hole to allow the passage of the bullet. The function of the baffles is to progressively deflect and slow the flow of gas emerging from the expansion chamber, so that by the time the gases emerge from the silencer, their flow is cooler, at low velocity and silenced. A motorbike silencer works on exactly the same principle.

now i don't have a picture but you have to admit they do sound remarkably similar

ATB

colin

I see what you mean, I had those taken in a studio earlier this year!

While they look similar the differencies are there we have more baffles, trialed up .338 Lap Mag in the standard product! I have seen the problems Pete has had after a couple of hundred shots, we are slightly heavier than A-Tec but strength is important for a durable product and we have a few developements to help you guys keep enjoying yourselves!!!

Stuart

Having been in the gun trade for quite a while and sold, mounted and made quite a few mods I must say that your mod have striking recemblance to two popular moderators. The rear part is quite close to a nice clean copy of the a-tec and the baffle stack is nothing but a machined copy of the BR Reflex design.

By all means, nothing wrong with that! In the mod world everyone "borrow" good ideas.

This new crossover mod will probably give dB drops very close to the BR T10 for the 10 baffle version, thus it should be compared to this one after the dB readings have been taken.

Will the new Stealth Moderator be at the Midland Game Fair, if so what stand please.

Regards

Rogern,

YES, I will be on TOPGUN & ROD. they are bringing Stealth's in .25 .30 Compact & Standard as well as A7's - if need something special or different from 1/2" UNF I can bring it with me provided that it's ordered by Tuesday this week.

regards

Stuart

A max why dont you pop along this saturday and cast your expert opinion over this mod

It is now well past saturday.

Does anyone have any news on the dB test?

I would guess there are other than myself that are also anxious to get the news on this new mod....

It is now well past saturday.

Does anyone have any news on the dB test?

I would guess there are other than myself that are also anxious to get the news on this new mod....

Hi R93

i will get it done i promise,only I'm a little busy at the moment, but should get it done in the next couple of days.

as for the sound readings i will not be publishing them, as db tests unless conducted in the mill standard way mean nothing, and this has been argued before and I'm not prepared to go down that route.

here is the mill standard

http://hfetag.dtic.mil/docs-hfs/mil-std-1474d.pdf

ATB

Colin ;)

as for the sound readings i will not be publishing them, as db tests unless conducted in the mill standard way mean nothing, and this has been argued before and I'm not prepared to go down that route.

Colin

So what will you review contain?

You are not qualified to express an experts opinion on the quality of material used nor the simplicity or complexity of manufacture. You db tests will be inconclusive as they will not have been performed to the required minimum standards.

All of which is rather a shame as I am sure that there are many rifle shooters out there who would be more than capable of providing such a comprehensive review. Sound moderators are becoming increasingly used. It therefore should be see as increasingly important that such items as moderators are reviewed and tested by those suitable qualified to do so. After all they are not an inexpensive item to purchase, and those who currently a moderator or those currently considering the purchase of one are only truly best served if the manufactures, importers,or distributors ensure that their product reviews are conducted to the highest possible standards by those qualified to submit an informed and unbiased report.

e.g. I could offer to do a review of the latest techniques being employed in the art of Japanese Flower arranging. Why I don't know as I am in a similar position to yourself in regards to the subject matter of this thread.

But having said all that I'm still looking forward to reading what you have to say on the matter. ;)

ATB

Hoot

Peter

>pray tell who in this country is qualified to test a sound moderator,also what qualifications do you need apert from not being deaf,as iam no sound mod expert but I can tell the difference between certain models<

There are many well established and respected test facilities and companies in the Uk with qualified personnel capable of testing a sound mod. As for qualifications a degree in engineering and a back ground in acoustic testing might be a good place to start. I don't think non deafness is high on the applicantion requirements. Its good to see you openly admitting not to be an expert in at least something. ;)

>beleive me Hoot Cols report will be totally unbias as he has n reason at all to say anything else<

Does he have a reason to say anything at all? ;)

>Hoot theres on thing I know for a fact the the Stealth 10 blinds the magnum A Tec vearsions as they fall to bit and the manufactor wll not replace the parts,you see mate theres lots happening you dont know about<

Could you interpret this for me? I can't grasp what it is you're trying to say. Thanks ever so! ;)

Archived