New Stealth Sound Moderator

Primary features:

Does not rust!

Does not ring upon firing! No need for neoprene tube.

Future proof, modular construction - as improvements are made they can be added with low cost implications

Designed to be taken apart for cleaning. Can be sealed if required.

Construction on all moderators

Aircraft quality Aluminium and 17-4 Stainless Steel,

External coating - Hard Anodized.

Internal - 1200 micron Alocrom

Dimensions:

Stealth 10

Weight- 650 grams

Overall length 328.64mm

over barrel 216.20mm

diameter 50.15mm

Stealth 10 Compact

Weight - 580 grams

Overall length 264.64mm

over barrel 156.20mm

diameter 50.15mm

A7

Weight - 300 grams

Overall length 175.272mm

over barrel 91.31mm

diameter 40.87mm

Ask Colin what it's like he has already got one of the first made! You can contact me as I designed it!

regards

Soundmod

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Primary features:

Does not rust!

Does not ring upon firing! No need for neoprene tube.

Future proof, modular construction - as improvements are made they can be added with low cost implications

Designed to be taken apart for cleaning. Can be sealed if required.

Construction on all moderators

Aircraft quality Aluminium and 17-4 Stainless Steel,

External coating - Hard Anodized.

Internal - 1200 micron Alocrom

Dimensions:

Stealth 10

Weight- 650 grams

Overall length 328.64mm

over barrel 216.20mm

diameter 50.15mm

Stealth 10 Compact

Weight - 580 grams

Overall length 264.64mm

over barrel 156.20mm

diameter 50.15mm

A7

Weight - 300 grams

Overall length 175.272mm

over barrel 91.31mm

diameter 40.87mm

Ask Colin what it's like he has already got one of the first made! You can contact me as I designed it!

regards

Soundmod

An idea of cost would be appreciated

Introductions please Soundmod :)

30 years in British Gun Trade, worked in the retail trade in 70's. Worked for Winchester during most of the 80's, Shooting Publicatiuons 90's last few years Managing Director of RUAG!

I have been deveopleing products for all these company and just decided to do it for me!

Left last year to start developing Sound Mods and Woodland Green clothing plus more that's coming to market in the next few months.

well you all have the life history.........do I qualify for the bouncy toy???

regards

Stuart

Looks a fair bit of kit and being strippable has a benifit in my book. But what about cost and what models are suitable for what calibers?.

Are you planning to market them direct or through existing traders ?.

Thanks

A

Looks a fair bit of kit and being strippable has a benifit in my book. But what about cost and what models are suitable for what calibers?.

Are you planning to market them direct or through existing traders ?.

Thanks

A

There are 3 models at present as shown above, Stealth 10 for all calibres, Stealth 10 Compact initially built for light weight rifles and Steyr and Blaser rifle but good up to .300 and the A7 which was designed for .177 HMR but is currently a good bet for light weight issues up to .243 max, I will be the first to say that at the top end it's not as quiet as the 2 Stealth's but weight just 300 grams - I'l leave the answer to you!

Yes they are marketed through the RFD dealers, I have a number who are shown on the web site and I am happey to help and forum members who are not covered by our existing network and invite new RFD's to contact me re opening accounts.

Stuart

Stuart

Thats great but as Aly and I have both asked...........

An idea of cost would be appreciated

But what about cost?.

We all know that discounts will be offered so just quote your MRP.

Hoot, £160-£300, it says this on other thread.

Village Idiot is tottaly correct and appologies for not putting it on this one!

RRP £160 - £300 depending which one you go for and also which finish. I am looking into providing a stainless type finish for everyone who has a stainless rifle.

Stuart

Village Idiot is tottaly correct and appologies for not putting it on this one!

RRP £160 - £300 depending which one you go for and also which finish. I am looking into providing a stainless type finish for everyone who has a stainless rifle.

Stuart

Stuart

I'm interested in a Stealth 10 Compact. Please advise on possible cost.

Ta very much like. :rolleyes:

Hoot

Stuart

I'm interested in a Stealth 10 Compact. Please advise on possible cost.

Ta very much like. :rolleyes:

Hoot

Hoot,

The RRP on both the Stealth 10 and Compact is £295, the A7 is £160.

We are just trialing baffle extensions for all of them to reduce the sound signature still further and also looking to do a stainless finish for all you chaps that shoot stainless rifles.

regards Stuart

NO No No nothing at all to do with A-Tec

Stuart

Stuart

Sorry!

I wasn't meaning you or your fine products I was referring to the photos posted by Norsveda.

Stuart

Sorry!

I wasn't meaning you or your fine products I was referring to the photos posted by Norsveda.

I see what you mean, I had those taken in a studio earlier this year!

While they look similar the differencies are there we have more baffles, trialed up .338 Lap Mag in the standard product! I have seen the problems Pete has had after a couple of hundred shots, we are slightly heavier than A-Tec but strength is important for a durable product and we have a few developements to help you guys keep enjoying yourselves!!!

Stuart

While they look similar the differencies are there we have more baffles,

Stuart

The difference in baffles aside you have got to admit that the designs have a lot of coincidental similar features.

I think if you look more carefully that each A-Tec baffle it is in fact two baffles one each end, so it has the same amount of baffles as your moderator. Your baffles look far cheaper to manufacture as does your end caps and tube.

Do you envision any problems with the end cap coming loose at the front off the moderator, there is not a lot of area to get purchase on when tightening it up, just a little knurling on the end of the cap. I think you could find that although you would tighten it up when the moderator was cold but after firing a few shots though it and the moderator getting hot might it not come loose? I have seen this happen on other moderators.

I see that with the A-Tec you can use a Allen key in the front end cap to get it tight, I appreciate that aesthetically it is not as nice and would cost more to machine a 6 sided hole than just drill a hole, but at less you would be able to get the end cap tight.

Your baffles look a bit short there does not seem to be a lot of contact with the outer tube, if the end cap did come loose would the baffles be able to tip inside the outer tube? I take it you are drilling them 0.020” larger in diameter than the intended calibre so that would only leave 0.010” of room for error, if they were to tip would the bullet not strike them?

Your baffles, end caps, and tube all seem to have less machining operations necessary to manufacture than the A-Tec, there for we assume will be cheaper to produce so why is it £20 more than a A-Tec?

I hope you put our mind at rest concerning these observations.

Best rgds

B-b

The difference in baffles aside you have got to admit that the designs have a lot of coincidental similar features.

i do hope you are not insinuating they are a copy BB

I think if you look more carefully that each A-Tec baffle it is in fact two baffles one each end,

no - you are incorrect, take a closer look the A-TEC baffle is machined out of a single Peace of aluminum. it has never been to baffles,

so it has the same amount of baffles as your moderator.

see above answer

Your baffles look far cheaper to manufacture as does your end caps and tube.

I'm no expert but i think you will find it is 2 complete different methods of producing the baffles,the A-TEC are CNC machined, and i think the stealths are pressed,

Do you envision any problems with the end cap coming loose at the front off the moderator,

what a stupid question, i bet he designed it with the intension of it coursing him loads of problems so he would be kept busy.

there is not a lot of area to get purchase on when tightening it up, just a little knurling on the end of the cap. I think you could find that although you would tighten it up when the moderator was cold but after firing a few shots though it and the moderator getting hot might it not come loose? I have seen this happen on other moderators.

the fitting instructions say to just tighten them by hand, so i would have thought he would have tested them,and found there to be no problems with this happening, but i will be shooting mine this week end and i will try it.

I see that with the A-Tec you can use a Allen key in the front end cap to get it tight, I appreciate that aesthetically it is not as nice and would cost more to machine a 6 sided hole than just drill a hole, but at less you would be able to get the end cap tight.

as far as i know when you put an Allen key hole in to this type of material you actual drill a hole slightly under size and then press the shape not machine it.

but i think the Allen key looks as good as just an hole any way

Your baffles look a bit short there does not seem to be a lot of contact with the outer tube, if the end cap did come loose would the baffles be able to tip inside the outer tube? I take it you are drilling them 0.020" larger in diameter than the intended calibre so that would only leave 0.010" of room for error, if they were to tip would the bullet not strike them?

may be we should wait till i have had a chance to put it through it pacers, but my initial look at the mod seems to be well built,and well thought out,i have put just one bullet down the mod,and lets put it this way it seems OK,but i will not form any opinion just yet,i have got all the mods together to try it against in a few different calibers, noise meter is on its way, and just hoping for nice weather.

so lets not pull it to bits over a picture.

Your baffles, end caps, and tube all seem to have less machining operations necessary to manufacture than the A-Tec, there for we assume will be cheaper to produce so why is it £20 more than a A-Tec?

the A-TEC is not made in this country, so you can not say the cost of machining is the same, you appearer to be comparing apples to oranges. i have my self priced up getting mods made in this country,and I'm sorry to say it is no different to any other product, its cheaper to get them made over sea. but there starts the problems,

i my self have been waiting for replacement baffles for a moderator for 10 - 11 months and have now been told they are not being sent.i all so know of another mod that has been waiting for replacement baffles for 71 day to the day,and they are not yet in my hands. but i think you will agree we don't want to go down this tit for tat rout,or do we.

i hope i have dispelled most of your concerns the rest i hope to deal with in the test,but i know Stuart will be coming on and will correct anything i have got wrong,as i have had very little time with the mod as i have other things to do.

ATB

Colin :rolleyes:

Best rgds

B-b

I think if you look more carefully that each A-Tec baffle it is in fact two baffles one each end, so it has the same amount of baffles as your moderator. Your baffles look far cheaper to manufacture as does your end caps and tube.The baffles on the Stealth are designed to create smooth airflow and good dump after each shot, some manufacturers do this with a system like the A-Tec. We have reached our design through a different route which obviously to looks simple and therefore does not suffer the fouling issues that have caused loss of performance. They are CNC produced from a single billet of Aircraft Ally

Do you envision any problems with the end cap coming loose at the front off the moderator, there is not a lot of area to get purchase on when tightening it up, just a little knurling on the end of the cap. I think you could find that although you would tighten it up when the moderator was cold but after firing a few shots though it and the moderator getting hot might it not come loose? I have seen this happen on other moderators. We have conducted tests over a number of months with many calibres in burst fire and extended sniping situations, we have never had an end cap run loose due to the thread design which again looks simple but works very efficiently. we have run continuous fire tests with the moderator reaching very high temperatires and even conducted tests to try and destroy it. We have run the mod with baffles missing, baffles turned about the wrong way and eventually had to place one sideways to blow it it!

I see that with the A-Tec you can use a Allen key in the front end cap to get it tight, I appreciate that aesthetically it is not as nice and would cost more to machine a 6 sided hole than just drill a hole, but at less you would be able to get the end cap tight. I see no reason to fix a problem that does not exist

Your baffles look a bit short there does not seem to be a lot of contact with the outer tube, if the end cap did come loose would the baffles be able to tip inside the outer tube? I take it you are drilling them 0.020” larger in diameter than the intended calibre so that would only leave 0.010” of room for error, if they were to tip would the bullet not strike them? Do bare in mind that we are producing a moderator that is deisgned to be taken apart! we put a radius on each baffle for users who do not clean their moderators on a regular basis enabling the baffles stack to freely be taken out for cleaning. Pressure on firing and the controlled airflow in the moderator does all that it's supposed to without the to create fouling traps which cause problems in cleaning

Your baffles, end caps, and tube all seem to have less machining operations necessary to manufacture than the A-Tec, there for we assume will be cheaper to produce so why is it £20 more than a A-Tec? I cannot comment on someone elses product like that all I can say is that on our product we use the finest quality components that the market has to offer with an top quality engineering company that I am proud to work with....as they say what looks simple most of the time works best because there is less to go wrong....shoot one for your self first before trying to pull the product to peices on here! I have testments from people who have used most brands on the market and they tell me that they would not go back.

If there are any further thoughts about our product I will be very happy to talk to you 01598 740685.

Stuart

Best rgds

B-b

Stuart

Thank you.

Its good to be able to read a considered and detailed reply from the organ grinder and not the monkey.

I'd also like to thank B-b for bring up the points raised as he has the relevant precision engineering experience to cast a critical eye over such issues.

Please do not conduct your following discussion by PM as I am sure that the areas covered will be of considerable interest to the rest of the site members

Regards

Hoot

Stuart

Thank you.

Its good to be able to read a considered and detailed reply from the organ grinder and not the monkey.

I'd also like to thank B-b for bring up the points raised as he has the relevant precision engineering experience to cast a critical eye over such issues.

Please do not conduct your following discussion by PM as I am sure that the areas covered will be of considerable interest to the rest of the site members

Regards

Hoot

harry/swede

thanks for your contribution, I'm sure we will all sleep tonight now you have said that. :D:P

maybe you will re join in another name on this site and back up your own arguments :P:P:D as you have done on 2 other sites.

but if you are happy i suppose you are doing no harm :rolleyes::D

ATB

Colin :D

Archived