Hi folks, nice to see the new sight up and running. Just a quick one really. Can any one recommend some rings and bases. Nothing to expensive, i have got some optilocks on my tikka so around that price is what i'm prepared to pay.

cheers

Dave

I like the burris signature rings, they are similar to the optilock rings in design and probably in price, I got mine from Chris Potter country sports, as for bases Leupold windage adjustables are pretty good if you can be bothered to set them up if not fixed ones would be good too.

I agree with the Burris signature series rings, they do the dovetail and screw that fits the Leupold std bases and a double dovetail , which is effectively two front rings, leupold do double dovetail bases to suit, the reasoning being theyare better than the two screw clamping on the std rear.

Because inserts are available in 5,10, 20 thou offset as well as no offset you can align the scope with the action if necessary and give more elevation if needed for extra long range.

I have these on two of my rifles and have had no problems or loss of zero with them and they dont gouge into your expensive scope.

They are quickly available from Brownells in the states, I dont know if anyone sells them here, they may now.

Redfox

I've collected a large amount of bases and ringsets over the years as i bought and sold rifles and can perhaps help out with new or as new at a lot less than shop prices so email or pm me with your requirements if you think I can be of any help.

Archived