Best digital camera for under £160 please

JohnGalway

Killed another lovely little Samsung L830 tonight :) Days before Christmas wouldn't you ###### know it.

Need a new camera as that model is discontinued, or I'd happily buy another. Use it mostly photographing dead foxes :rolleyes: But plenty of other use too, family photos, events and such.

What say ye?

I don't know much about the current selection of compact digi-cams but a friend (another pro photog) just bought the Nikon Coolpix S640 as a present for his daughter, and is pleased with it. I always have some sort of pocket camera as a notebook and for reconnaissance shots, and when my little Canon S60 died a few months ago I replaced it in a hurry with a Nikon P50 I found in a Tottenham Court Road dealer; it's proved OK, after a fault that was repaired under guarantee, 8Mp and sufficient features. But as I said to my friend, the 640's spec is better than that of my P50 for very little more money. It's a little over your budget but that seems like a decent recommendation.

TonyH

Not sure what price they are but for image quality/value/compactness it's hard to beat any of the Panasonic Lumix due to their larger lens and sensor, the other option I would look at is the waterproof shock proof Olympus Mju - we have them for work and they are fair study and very compact, pics are ok too.

Me and Mrs Bosher both use Fugifilm Finepix S602 , 6 X optical Zoom, macro and Super macro , easy to use

8 mega pixel and at a price affordable to most pockets

Wabbit

Archived